BeatBuddy Manager Software 1.64 (Win/Mac)

If this helps –
[ATTACH=full]10153[/ATTACH]

The specs seem to be compatible, this is a regular laptop, correct? Not a tablet?

Where does it fail? Is there an error message you can share? If it is an message regarding a dll, that’s an OS system’s file error, and we can’t touch those files.

This is a regular laptop not one of the surface tablets.

This is the error message I get after hanging for awhile on install.

[ATTACH=full]10154[/ATTACH]

I have no experience with Win 10 so im not sure this is still possible
but thought I would throw it out there.

Can you Right click the installer file and Run as Admin?

Maybe its a rights thing

If that doesn’t work with admin privileges, send me an email to support@singularsound.com - we’ll arrange a phone support session with remote viewing so I can see what’s happening on your end.

I seem to have missed it in my searching, but is there a PDF manual for the latest version of the Beatbuddy Manager?

Thanks

https://singularsound.com/downloadable/SingularSound_BeatBuddy-User_Manual.pdf

lovely, thanks.

Oops, sorry I was after the Beatbuddy MANAGER manual, not for the Beatbuddy itself…

I would like to see an update to the manager software 1st. Then write a manual for the new version. The current manager software is very limited and slow to work with. Hardly worth spending much time using.

I was quite excited with the potential of the beat buddy and expected much better programmability and usability. I feel quite disappointed with trying to even create a good shuffle beat. The supplied shuffle beats don’t provide a true shuffle. The timing is slightly off. Not true triplets. Even after editing in the manager software they still don’t play right.

The fill beats are often way too busy to use in a practical way. “Come on! We want to play songs, not over the top drum crazed flash”

I loved the potential of this device but have not been happy with the way it has been executed. I haven’t been using it much anymore because it’s just too time consuming to setup. I would like to see the manager software have the functionality that you could snip a few beats and fills from a midi track and then assign them into a song that you can control manually. You can’t do this with the existing manager software. I have to do all this snipping using other software and then copy it into a song file. Can the manager software please be designed so that a pro can get some work done quickly? I don’t like playing to tracks, I want to have the flexibility, while performing live, to manually change beats and put fills, on the fly. Please make an easy self-contained way to build these kinds of songs.

If the manufacturer would make it more friendly to build beats, song files and tracks, it could become as useful as I had originally hoped. The potential is already there, please just build on the effective and efficient programming side of things.

5 Likes

Agreed

It has been about two years since BeatBuddyManager has gotten a revision. What is the plan for supporting and enhancing this program? I expected it to be more mature by now. Instead, the company seems to be focusing on introducing new hardware. Will someone from Singular Sound please tell the community what to expect?

3 Likes

hi ‘this separate program’ link cant be found?

I totally agree. Where are the updates for BeatBuddy Manager!!! 2 years is way too long.

2 Likes

We have a new development team working on the BeatBuddy Manager now. First bug fixes are in beta testing phases. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If I can help whit testing beta versie, let me know.

Continuing the discussion from BeatBuddy Manager Software 1.64 (Win/Mac):

Good to hear that an update is in the works.

Please focus on making this an update that allows professionals to quickly create songs with useable beats and fills. We’re not looking for flash. Listen to almost any popular song and you’ll find that the fills are usually quite simple. Just there to add emphasis.

Take a lesson from beats that are in the Yamaha PSR-3000 keyboard. Very useable beats and the fills are fabulous. If you can make something comparable using beat buddy, you would have a winner. I would way rather dpack a BBuddy to the next gig than a huge keyboard. All of your customers would. You can do it! The technology is already in the BBuddy. Just make it better.

2 Likes

for the time being, we’re focusing on addressing the various bugs and bringing the mac and windows versions together. After this round of bug fixing we’ll turn our focus towards improving the functionality and ease of use for the software.

1 Like

So another 2 years. :frowning:
I love the BeatBuddy. Why is it so hard to keep the software up to date?

3 Likes

How long do you expect it will take before we see some functionality improvements?

I’m seriously considering giving up on it if it takes more than 6 months before there is an update. So, are you able to please clarify with some reasonably accurate time frame? Are we talking days, weeks, months, years, decades?

Some hope of a reasonable time frame would help me decide whether to hold out or move on to another product.

1 Like

@iajrz is going the be the best one to answer that question.