BeatBuddy Manager Update Question

Based on almost 4 years playing live with BB I see no use for Autopilot (and a number of other features you list) but Mac sync fixed I’m very happy. Interrogating folder contents and more useful Midi editor for debugging is high on my list

Hi ! I prefer the update without the autopilot.

Wait until it’s stable before release.

Alrighty - so the majority of votes seem to be for a non-autopilot update now, then an update later when we’ve got autopilot functioning. Thanks for sharing! We’ll package the update and have it released by the end of this week then, along with a complete explanation of changes. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Plus one for release the update and fix / add autopilot late once it is functioning as intendedr. :slight_smile:

I say lets wait for you to finish the full update. Always best rather than keep updating…

If the Mac sync issue is fixed release this NOW!

Greetings, Anthony.
I would be keen on having and testing the BB Manager update that you already have, without the autopilot. I’ve been using the manager extensively during the recent months and though I’ve become quite proficient at making the most of it I’d welcome any improvements.
Cheers.

I would love to run the beta with the autopilot,
if there are issues then convert back to the previous version firmware.

Also I would like to see BB midi manger with ability to remove or add measures at the beginning of midi file.

And copy paste parts In midi file.

Are you considering a iOS version of BB Manager?

BTW I use a Mac.

I vote for the update as is and adding hte auto-pilot later when ready!

1 Like

Updating this real quick - having some last minute troubles with the installer, looks like it’s related to the windows 32 bit version. May have to release without 32 bit for the time being.

But, on the brightside, Autopilot appears to be mostly working again. :slight_smile:

Wait for Auto Pilot fix

I recommend releasing what you have now if it has already passed your unit tests and system integration tests. You have such a helpful user base that it would be to everyone’s benefit.

Me again, just to add that -with all due respect- those who prefer to wait for the fully-tested auto-pilot version just skip this update, ignore it, look away! :stuck_out_tongue: It’s as simple as that.
Cheers!

So will this update include the autopilot :blush:?

“those who prefer to wait for the fully-tested auto-pilot version just skip this update, ignore it, look away!”

But I CAN’T look away!

:slight_smile:

Wait for Auto Pilot fix

Brand new BB user (experienced musician and MIDI sequencer). Already running around on this discussion board learning from others. Planning on using the BB in live one-man shows to add a little sugar to the vocals and acoustic guitar on some of the tunes. Just started using the BB and BB Manager yesterday. Got up to speed pretty fast. Initial reaction is generally favorable, but already 2 important issues for me:

1. The MIDI editor is really all I really need for building simple loops. (I have no interest in getting back in to hard-core MIDI sequencing.) Current version is OK, but needs an update to add things like basic copy-paste like functionality, measure delete/insert functionality, and plain bug fixes. In particular, 3/4 time functionality is really screwed up and not usable for me. (I started with a couple of 3/4 songs - maybe I am a glutton for punishment.) Main issue (so far) is how the editor breaks up beats in 3/4 time. All sorts of weird triplet groups that cross measures and even-numbered sub-beats that make editing nearly impossible. I’ve seen this noted on other posts. Is this fixed in the pending update?

2. Bending over to change from song to song is (almost) a deal breaker for me (also noted on other posts). Anything on the update horizon to provide some options for this? Maybe use the external switch buttons to scroll up and down through the song list?

Very interested in the “Autopilot” concept, as I also already have some concerns about the pedal dance this thing requires. Looking forward to see how that has been implemented in the new version.

1 Like

Oops! I guess I am running too fast with this thing. I just realized the external footswitch can be programmed to scroll through the song list. Nice to see that feature. Works perfect. Now it’s all about the MIDI editor updates (and maybe Autopilot).

+1 for the release it.