Beatbuddy Mini 2 with Footswitch+

Hi. I’m gigging in a duo with the Mini 2. I know with the Singular Sound footswitch+ you can tap the right button to pause the beat.
But after pausing, could I then select another pattern on the main unit, therefore effectively ending the previous song?

I appreciate you have the option to configure the footswich to end the song with the main Beatbuddy, but at £200 more than the Mini, it was out of my budget.

I always struggle to end songs in gigs by double tapping the mini 2 and getting the pattern to stop with the outro fill (which I wish you could disable!). Sometimes the red light comes on so I think I’ve done it, but the thing continues to play!

Thanks

Hey there,

Unfortunately, the BeatBuddy MINI firmware cannot be updated. The unit is as is.

Thank you for reaching out

Thanks but that wasn’t what I asked. It was the question : if I pause a beat on the Mini using the right hand switch on the Footswitch+ (all of which is current functionality) can I then select a different pattern on the Mini (ie whilst in the Pause state).

The functions on the BeatBuddy mini are fixed and cannot be edited or changed

I have a similar issue (and Brandon’s “answer” wasn’t very useful). It is too bad they didn’t see fit to allow firmware updates.

My issue is similar to yours.

I would have suggested that since we paid extra money for extra functionality, a quick tap while running would pause but HOLDING DOWN the right switch on the external footswitch would STOP the playback of the pattern (as can be programmed in the big Beat Buddy) instead of restarting the pattern.

I have to remember to lean down and mute the channel on my mixer before ending the pattern with a double-tap on the Mini 2. Big PITA.