Beatbuddy Plugin and Reaper

Installed the Beatbuddy plugin ok. Went into Reaper and although the SingularSound category appears in the FX developers list, there is no plugin visible. Did a full search but nothing found. Any Reaper users out there with this problem?

Check your Reaper Preferences > Plug-ins > VST
Anything there?

If not, try Re-scan

Here’s the path on my Mac M2 to the VST 3

According to the BeatBuddy Plug-in User Manual, Reaper has a bug that will not recognize a VST3i plug-in.

If you’re still having trouble, reach out to Support, support@singularsound.com via email.

Let us know how you get it resolved.

1 Like

I also am having issues installing the BeatBuddy plugin into reaper. It flashed once and then it was gone. I tried to follow the inctructions above for “Re-Scan” but to no avail. Does anyone have it working with the latest version of Reaper?

Could you please send an email to support@singularsound.com regarding the issue you’re having with installing the BeatBuddy plugin in Reaper?

Try searching your Mac for beatbuddyemulator

This is my search result and the location.

If your search comes up empty, make sure that your Mac (anti-virus or security) is not stopping it from being installed.

The first time I tried to install the plug-in, I installed it for the wrong version of macOS. Once I sorted that out, I got it working.

If your search locates the BeatBuddyEmulator.vst3 file, take note of the exact path to the file. Then open Reaper and verify that this path appears in the Reaper > Settings > Plug-ins > vst and check that the path appears in this field. If it doesn’t, you can add it manually.