BeatBuddy Transition Logic

There are a number of similar topics, but the logic is not explicitly stated.
If someone knows it will be helpful:

Transitions with full measure (1 bar of 4 beats) +1 beat (an extra beat for the crash in the next measure).
I understand that - in the same way it uses fills - the BB aligns the LAST beat of the transition with beat 1 of the next part to simulate the drummer crash (even if it is only a 2 beat transition). Makes clever sense. But how does it handle a long multi-bar transition. Aligning the end beat or aligning the start correctly.

SHORT TRANSITION = 1 measure +1 beat transition
If you trigger a transition (long press and release) at or just after beat 1 of a loop, does it:

1. play the “remaining” 3 beats of the loop and then start the Transition on the next beat 1, complete the 4 beat transition and start the next part on beat 1, or
  2. does it play the “last” 3 beats of the transition, aligning the crash (+1 beat) to play it while it moves to the next part on beat 1.

LONG TRANSITION = 2 measures +1 beat transition
If you trigger a transition (long press and release) at beat 1 of a loop, I expect it will follow the starting point logic above. However, does it:

1. play the “last” 3 beats of Measure 1 the transition, and play beat 1 of Measure 2 while it moves to the next Part on beat 1.
  2. play the “last” 3 beats of Measure 2 the transition, aligning the crash (+1 beat) to play it while it moves to the next Part on beat 1.

(we can get to triggering with a long press and hold to loop the transition later)

Ok so the first set of question has to do with the Cue Fill setting. So the answer would be that it would play the transition in all but the last settling option.
From the manual…

Cue Fill Period - Controls when the fill is triggered after the pedal is pressed.
Please note that even when set on ‘Immediately’, if you press the pedal in the last half beat of the measure, it will play the fill in the next measure, because it’s very unlikely that you want less than a half beat fill, so you probably pressed it too early.
o Immediately*
o Next Half Beat
o Next Beat
o Next Measure

I do not have a handle on the second question and how it handles long transitions. It comes down to whether the BB is calculating the starting point from the back, targeting to align the end crash (+1) or working from the front and dropping beats from the front of the transition based on when it is triggered.

I need to put some figures together as I am sure pictures will make it clear rather than elaborate descriptions.

1 Like