Beatbuddy won’t play?

Hi, I’m new; thanks for having me.

I bought a used beatbuddy from Sam ash, and tried using it this morning. It will turn on, but when I press the pedal, it won’t start playing? Nothing on the screen showing the beat, no audio output. I’m sure this is just initial user error, so any ideas?

I realize this is likely a super basic question, but again, I’m in the initial stages of figuring this thing out. I’d like to take it to my band practice tonight, so I’m eager to get this issue figured out. Thanks so much for any tips you can give, and have a great day!!

Does it have the SD card? All of the BB data goes on the card. Without a card, nothing is there.

In addition to Phil_Flood’s reply, if you haven’t done so yet, click on the Support link at the top right of this web page where you’ll find some helpful BeatBuddy (BB) manuals to get you started. Here’s a link to one of them: Quick Start Guide

If you don’t have an SD card that came with your used pedal, you’ll definitely need one. Make sure it’s capacity is no less than 4Gb but no more than 32Gb, SDHC Class 10 card. You don’t need a high speed card for video or cameras (hint, less expensive is probably better).

Here’s a tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XD0eiNvf-o and you’ll need to download and install the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) from Singular Sound.