Best way to use bb doing cover songs

Any recommendations ? Better to buy the songs 800 form BB library or find them in the forum ?

OP or OPB ie you control or play start to finish ?

How do you cue to get ready count ins or just step when the drums come in ?

I do have the footswitch

Thanks

Brent

Hi, Brent. I got my BB about 8 months ago and had no clue lol until I found this great forum. I am into harder rock music. Not a lot offered by Singular Sound that suits my needs. I used the search here and starting finding OP songs that worked for me. Then I got bold and asked for other songs on this forum. Member persist helped and posted them here. Thx, persist! Then, from reading/studying on this forum, I started saving midi files. I took those to the software called Beatbuilder that you can find here and saved them in a format that let me save them to the BB via BB Manager as OP. You can even add clicks to start a song in Beatbuilder since midi files will not have this. I am in no way an expert like many on here, but I have learned a lot by searching/reading here. I use FREEMIDI.ORG to find midi files. I do about 4 songs using a BB pre-set and add fills plus change the pattern myself. These are songs that I could not find the midi, love to play and did it this way from the get-go before learning the aforementioned. It is also kind of fun to me. I retired from gigging out years ago so no pressure of a crowd lol. Just me on guitar and a bass player buddy in the home studio playing for enjoyment. Enjoy and keep asking like you have done here. Good and knowledgeable people in this forum.

2 Likes

This is cool.Looks like a lot of songs on "freemidi.org. I guess you dont add bass to files since you have a bass player. Is beatbulider a free software ?
Thanks
Brent

Another good MIDI site is…
http://www.midis101.com/

Drum patterns available there also. A bit of work to collect the way it’s setup, but worth it.
http://www.midis101.com/search/pattern

Some other searches to try in the folder screenshot below (some mappings will need work)
midis101

1 Like

Try this link for Beatbuilder, Brent. It is free. A member created and shared it for the community here. It is from the “old site”, so I hope it still works.

1 Like

Do NOT under any circumstances pick “freemidi.org” . You will be charged 7.50 per week. Bad call.

Probably no longer my first choice for source files however, you don’t have to join freemidi.org. You can search and download for free.

1 Like

Interesting. I guess they have lost my home address that I never supplied; hence, why the bill has not arrived. Or they have not yet figured out my credit card number that I never gave to them. Think about these two sentences for a minute or two and then get back to me. Peace! :slight_smile:

1 Like