Big yellow taxi counting crows

Anyone covering Big Yellow Taxi, the counting crows version using one of the standard Beats. I’ve got the whole collection of beats including premium library, slowly going through trying to find something close.

Thanks,

Lee.

When you’re looking for a beat, you could take these steps to get you close to what might work for you. Maybe you’re already doing this and if so, this might help other users.

• Get the beats per minute. I use this site BPM and key for big yellow taxi | SongBPM | songbpm.com
  • Listen to the song on Youtube to get an idea of the beat pattern https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8CxCoJcZbI
  • Audition the beats of the default content or the premium library content (PLC); this includes the Groove Monkee beats if you bought them as part of the PLC package;
  • Once you find a suitable beat, export the loop or the entire beat to your desktop;
  • Use the BBMO to either import the beat or to use the loop in the creation of a new song;
  • Adjust the default tempo as a starting point to the 88bpm;
  • Add transitions and drum fills as desired.

I’ll probably try to work this up in my usual one-press variants sometime in the next week or so.

1 Like

Thanks, I do look at the BPM, I use tunebat, https://tunebat.com. I’ve been exporting hole songs and then changing the BPM and sometimes the drumset.

I had a look at BBMO but I couldn’t get on with it, same as the file editor, and when I go back to the desktop BBM the song/project doesn’t alway load if I’ve used one of the others. Tbh I think the original BBM is still the most intuitive, I’m a bit disappointed they’ve put time and effort into the BBMO instead of delivering an updated desktop BBM.

Anyway, I appreciate your help, me not being a drummer and there being a lot of content to go through it’s a lot of trial and error atm. I’ve got an open mic this Sunday with a lady singer, we’re doing big yellow taxi, first cut is the deepest ( Sheryl Crow) and Mr & Mrs Smith ( Stereophonics). I’ve got a decent beet for the stereophonics but took me a couple of hours going through them all and then changing it to work etc.

I started by looking at the song match tool, but none of these are in there, I did fill in the song request in the song match tool, but I’m not sure if it’s still actively updated.

I’ll keep an eye out for the OP version, but I’m trying as much as possible to make do with the default beats. I think if I can get familiar with using them, I might get more use out of the BB

Thanks,

Lee.

1 Like