Blue Rodeo request

Hi all,

Anyone have or able to put together a beat for 5 Days in May by Blue Rodeo? The Brushes 3 - Half Time Shuffle at 150bpm is kinda close, but not quite there. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I would love to do this tune as well - including the crappy but oh-so-cool solo! Did you ever get a beat for this tune?

After no one responded, I cobbled together a .sng file. It’s pretty simple 2 part song with a 4 beat intro, then Verse-Chorus pattern with a simple fill that you can toss in when you want. Give it a try and let me know what you think. I have a few other Blue Rodeo songs that I’ve built that are similar to the original feel:

• After The Rain
  • Bad Timing
  • Hasn’t Hit Me Yet
  • Head Over Heels
  • Til I Am Myself Again
    Five_Days_In_May.sng (1.7 KB)

Let me know if you are interested in any of those.

1 Like

I’ll give it go. Thanks very much for sharing. Those are popular tunes here in Canada, so yes please, I would love to give those others a go as well. The 5 Days in May beat is simple, but it has such a cool feel and there is nothing in the stock beats that’s quite right.

Thanks again!

My pleasure, from one Canuck to another! I’ve been lobbying Singular Sound to release a pack of The Tragically Hip and/or Blue Rodeo drum patterns, but so far nothing. Oh well, it’s not super hard to build beats, just time-consuming. Hope you enjoy Five Days!

Thanks again Cary. Go Flames!

Loving the Five Days in May patch. Sure would love to have a go at the others. Mind sharing…?

Here’s a zip file with a few Blue Rodeo songs I’ve pieced together:Blue Rodeo SNG and PDF song sheets.zip (4.0 MB)

• After The Rain
  • Bad Timing
  • Hasn’t Hit Me Yet
  • Head Over Heels
  • Til I Am Myself Again

I’ve included the PDF chord sheets - a few of the BB songs have multiple parts, and you’ll see I’ve noted in red where you either need to transition to the next section or put in a fill. Let me know what you think.