Blues for Allah - The Grateful Dead

This one wraps up the project, folks. :grinning:

Uses Billy Cobham with Bass, a new kit for y’all:

Includes: .sng, merged midi part, and pdf cheat

Blues for Allah.zip (39.8 KB)

Absolutely incredible, Phil. You really did go above and beyond with this undertaking. Definitely not one taken lightly. Thanks for putting in all those hours with only the intentions of sharing all of your hard work. In all honesty, at this point, I have hundreds (maybe thousands?) of songs on my Beatbuddy, and as it sits, currently, it boils down to 2-3 folders that see any action; the folder(s) of my stuff (mostly Dead) and now my Garcia-Hunter songbook folder. Don’t get me wrong, I love my BB, but between my guitar rig, my synth rig, composing etc, there are a lot of options for very valuable time, and you , my friend, have given me a wonderful reason to choose one over the other. So thank you, once again, for spending your valuable time putting together this collection of songs that, I for one, will spend hours upon hours enjoying for years to come. It’s already been backed up twice and as devices fail, have no intention of losing something that will, without a doubt, accompany me on getting to that place I’ve spent most of my life running towards through music. I can not thank you enough. It is all greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Thanks for the kindness and encouragement throughout the process. I learned quite a bit. I certainly developed an appreciation for the lyrics and creative use of rhythms that the Dead employed. And, I found ways of using Band in a Box in conjunction with Logic Pro X that I had not previously tried.

I’ll probably take a short break from posting songs. I have a couple other projects that need some attention. But, there’s still a lot more that I want to do, so there should be plenty of material coming for the BB to keep it fresh and useful.

2 Likes