Boomerang III + Aeros....sync?

weve been at it almost 3 yrs, and the looping is getting very layered. no click tracks are used. if i set good loops, the drummer is good. it is all about throwing parts to different amps / cabs (I use 3, and have 3 different signal paths)…and this is why i want to sync 2 different stereo loopers, one to run gtr 1 and faux bass, and one to run gtr 1 and gtr 2, which also utilizes stereo effects. now i currently use 2 jam man expresses that are synced together…i want to sync Aeros with Boomerang. but yeah, we do progressive / post rock type stuff…long instrumental jams and riffing. it is pretty fun.

2 Likes

Hi, I am using the sidecar (with BB) as well in my ‘learning’ phase & find that it is very unforgiving if I am millisecond out when starting loops. Aeros looks more user friendly? Thoughts?

Hey there, there is no better connection than the Aeros and BB over MIDI! Check out this video for more info!

Thank you @BrennanSingularSound

1 Like

My pleasure :relaxed:

Do you have the BB MIDI into the SC, then the SC MIDI out running into the MIDI in on the Boomerang?

Hi, Yep exactly how I run it. Still feels a bit ‘flaky’ to me in the sync dept…but I put that down to user error? The Aeros + MM is what I’m lookin at goin to…so maybe have to part with SC +BR

1 Like

Any guesses as to when Aeros can act as Master?

this calendar year?

thanks

Probably! We plan on doing that after we get to Auto-Quantize

Our current timeline is:
UPDATE 1 - MIDI implementation/RPO on press/ROP mode/all time sensitive commands on press We’re tweaking out the last few kinks, it should be up as a beta on the forum shortly. It will be live on wifi soon after, as long as the beta goes smoothly of course.
UPDATE 2 - Lock Tracks. We’re going to start off with the ability to lock the first track of a song and make it play back identically in all song parts. Eventually we want to work on allowing more than 1 track but that may be in a later update. The dev team is hopeful about the current state of this as they work on it however. Approx. 2 weeks to 1 month before this is out, if all goes well.
UPDATE 3 - Auto Quantize. The ability to start in Freeform and use the first track to create a quantization based on that track. Approximately 1 month -2 months before this is out, if all goes well.

After that we plan on working on the master capabilities for the Aeros.

3 Likes

any idea if & when the "lock track "master sync mode will added to allow for 3 track operation ie
an idea thats constant plays on track 1 , while u switch btw track 2 & track 3 (like in the boomerang3 master sync mode?) i had asked on facebook and got a response something similar to “lock sync track” mode whereby 1 track (short idea) gets locked then the track 2 & track 3 can be toggled on 1 switch button , so kinda like a 3x3 mode . thanks

Hello there, Lock Tracks will not work in that way,

Lock tracks will lock the top track in 2x2, or up to 5 tracks in 6x6. These locked tracks will playback in all available parts.

In your scenario, instead of switching between track 2 and 3, you will be switching between parts 1 and 2, and the top track will stay the same.

Please try to keep topics on topic, this is not related to the original post.

Just checking in two months later…any new update on ‘Aeros as Master’?

thanks in advance!

Hello there, unfortunately the Aeros is not yet able to do this, we had far underestimated the complexity of other things, but we are very clsoe to this point now. Our next release, 3.1.x, will be one of the last major releases for basic standalone functionality (as well as RPO on press and MIDI implementation for MIDI commands to control Aeros) and then we will move on to more exciting, fun features that we thing will make the Aeros an unparalleled unit. Hope to have more news for you soon!