BOSS RC 500 TO BeatBuddy...sync/SINK..Anybody?

Hi all, I just had to try the newfangled 5hunnert so I bought one at GC to try for 45 days! I’ve never spent so much time (in my life) on my knees, on the floor, and other configurations! I did get it to sync with the BB after MUCH aggravation and annoyance culminating with a mediocre success. Through the whole process I couldn’t help falling in love with the sound of this looper. There are so many “deal breaker” design Flaws, Ommissions, STUPIDOs and WTF’s that normally it would have been back to GC on day 2. BUT, did I mention that SOUND? Through my AER my TAYLOR is so crystal transparent blah blaaah. I’m hoping I can get some feedback from this forum to help me decide one way or another on keeping the RC. ANYONE? JR

There are some helpful posts on this forum on users’ experience getting the BB to work with the Boss RC 500.

If the quality of the audio is that good, I’m sure you’ll find a way to rationalize overlooking the flaws. Are there other, less flawed choices for a looper? Probably.

1 Like

Thanks persist, I have searched the Forum and actually there are no “helpful” posts (YET). I am meticulous, though also, fairly reasonable about sound quality at this “coming into winter” stage of life. When I say that the audio is good I mean that this looper’s meddling with my signal is WAY LESS destructive than others I’ve tried. As of right now, I believe that a lot of the sync problems fall on the pp midi of the BeatBuddy. I’ll keep messing with it for a few more days to give this post a chance to work. (“Are there other, less flawed choices for a looper?”) ABSOLUTELY!!!

1 Like

I hear ‘ya.

There are a couple users who posted how they got the Boss and the BeatBuddy to play nice together. Up until those posts were made, several users related their mostly negative experiences.

Maybe current RC 500/BB users that are still having a positive user experience can chime in and tell us how they optimized the integration of the two into their rigs and music.