Boss Rc505 mk 1 BB sync

Hi guys yes sync is OK… I’m playing intros on loop 1 and don’t want the BB to start playing on that loop, it’s messy hitting pause butn on startup… So is it possible to have BB come on with any loop except loop 1??? Basically turn sync start of for that first loop… Or even better have a click/hi hat playing over first loop…
I’ve tried bringing BB in with an intro fill on the beat but find that impossible to get the press right…

There is a “MIDI Start” configuration. This controls where the tempo sync signal starts being sent out. The default is for it to start with Part 1. I keep mine set to start on Intro.

Turn that setting on and then you can build an intro part with what you need during the loop setup. Alternatively you could make Part 1 a hi-hat part and then transition when you want the “real” drums to come in.

Wow that sounds great, I’ve no idea how to do it, would like hi hat idea, but would I have to change all 99 loop patches on rc 505 mk 1…hoping a global setting.

This is a setting on the BeatBuddy. To open the menu, press both the Tempo and Drumset knobs at the same time. Then, go to Main Pedal > MIDI Settings > MIDI Out > Start and select Main Beat.

This way the BeatBuddy will only send a Start command when the intro is finished playing and the main beat starts in Part 1.

Hey thanks for that, will look into that…
My rc 505 is master out to BB midi in, not sure if that changes things… At moment press any loop and BB plays beat, I’ve been trying to hit pause button, just after BB starts, then bring beat in when I’m ready, but it’s a bit of panic at times…

I run my BeatBuddy as master and my RC500 as slave. They sync together pretty well for my purpose.