Brain Fart: Can I make buttons change pages?

I am having a senior moment, here, and I need a little help.

I am trying to control a Line 6 DT-25. Let’s say my buttons are:
1 2 3
4 5 6

I want 1 to select amp Channel A and 4 to select Channel B. Easy enough. But I want whatever button I select to change what buttons 2-3 and 5-6 do. I think I have to have buttons 1 and 4 change pages as well as channels, but, if so, I can’t for the life of me remember how to do that.

Can some chime in here?

Thanks!

Joe

If what you’re trying to do is use a button to change pages, the command in the app is Redirect, and then you choose which page to redirect to. I think that’s what you’re asking for.

@BFRedrocks, I think so. Maybe.

What I want is for buttons 1 and 4 to change what buttons 2-3 and 5-6 do.

Yeah, so I would say the best way to do that is to have Button 1 redirect to Page 2 (or a different page than your main one) and then you can choose what buttons 2-3 and 5-6 do on that page, and then you can have Button 4 redirect to Page 3 and then you can choose what buttons 2-3 and 5-6 do on that page. The key is to have individual buttons do different things, you’ll have to do so on a new page. I did this when I had my MM controlling both my Aeros and BB. Each button did a different thing depending on what device I was controlling.

1 Like

I’m going to give this a try, and I might be back with more questions. Thanks, @BFRedrocks !

How many pages do you want to use?
you can plug a simple footswitch on the Maestro to switch between pages, backward and forward

If you use only 2 page this is nice to use
Midi maestro change pages with footswitch (fr/eng) - YouTube

The DT-25 stores four amp voicings per channel, so the outboard switch in unnecessary. One of two Channels and select one of four voicings each is all I need. But thanks!

Just two: Clean voicings and dirty voicings.

With your help, I got it going using two pages. Page 1 is:
1 - Just a label (“Clean Amps”)
2 - Deluxe
3 - Tweed
4 - Turn to P2 and select the last dirty amp (Label says “Crunchy Amps”)
5 - Clean Plexi
6 - Clean lead (Deluxe set to “Stun”)

Page 2 (accessed by stepping on Button 4) is
1 - Turn to P1 and select the last clean amp (“Clean Amps”)
2 - Mid-gain Plexi
3 - SLO Crunch
4 - Just a label (“Crunchy Amps”)
5 - Boosted JCM800
6 - Big hairy solo

So the left-hand buttons select the amp channel, the other four buttons select the voicings.

Thanks to all for your help – much appreciated!

3 Likes