Bug Beatbuddy Manager

From times to times some songs disappear from my BeatBuddy Manager. When I synchronize the project, my BeatBuddy loses these songs. Has anybody experienced this bug?
My workaround is to export any song that I’ve created. This helps but is cumbersome.
Any help appreciated.
Best, Martin

Are you using special characters in the names of your songs such as
1**.**
Mrs**.** Robinson or
Jack & Jill
(The period or the ampersand)

I use characters, dots and blanks, nothing else.

First time hearing of your symptoms. Sometimes this might happen when drum sets are imported.

Here’s what you could try: after you’ve created the song or beat, save your project, quit the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) and then relaunch it. Your song or beat should be there. Check that your SD card is not locked and then sync to your SD card, inserted in your computer slot reader.

If this still doesn’t work, contact Support, support@singularsound.com

Please let us know what you (or Support) did to get it working.

I didn’t import any drumsets since I have the Beat Buddy. I usually never leave the BBM but just put my computer into sleep mode when I’m done. I do this since starting the BBM takes a long time. Maybe this could be a reason for that behavior?
Best Martin

Sorry if I’ve confused you but what I’m trying to get across is that your symptoms appear similar to those of users that have imported a new drum set and it does not appear in their BBM until they quit and relaunch their BBM.

Are you using a Mac or Windows computer?

If you want to take a little more time to try and clear this up—especially since your BBM is so slow to open—it will involve deleting/uninstalling the BBM app from your computer along with the bbworkspace folder and doing a clean install. The steps are:

• Export the songs or folders from the BBM that you have edited, created or imported (preferably to your desktop so that they’re easier to find)
  • Download and unzip the Download default BBWorkspace 2.1 backup folder
  • Delete your bbworkspace folder from your computer
  • Download and install the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) app
  • Drag the newly downloaded and unzipped bbworkspace folder to your Documents folder
  • Use the BBM File - Open Project and navigate to your bbworkspace folder user_lib/projects and open the project
  • Import the songs and folders that you exported to your desktop using the BBM
  • BBM File - Export Project to SD card and accept prompts for future synchronization.

I understand that not every user will feel comfortable attempting this and you can certainly benefit from having Support help you through the process.

Thank your your suggestions. I will follow your steps. One stupid question: what exactly is the bbworkspace folder. I don’t have one with that name.
Best Martin

By “dots”, do you mean dots as in periods? If so, that is the issue causing the missing songs. Don’t use dots or periods to name songs or folders.

The bbworkspace folder is where the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) stores and expects to find the data for processing in the BBM or the BeatBuddy (BB) pedal. When you install the BBM for the first time in Windows this folder and sub-folders gets created within your user/Documents folder.

EDIT: I’ll provide an update later on today on what to do prior to installing the bbworkspace folder on to your computer.

UPDATE: Before installing the bbworkspace folder,

• make sure none of the songs or folders in your project on the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) have any dots or periods in the name;
  • use the BBM to synchronize your project to your SD card (this should provide you a current backup of your project;
  • use your computer to find any existing copies of the bbworkspace folder on your computer using Explorer (Windows) or Spotlight (macOS); also search for folders named user_lib or default_lib; if you find any of these three folders, delete them;
  • follow the steps in my post 6/8 and you should be good to go.

Thank you for your detailled response. I had a careful look at the problem and found that I’ve lost songs in one folder only. I have named one file Moanin’ and that some (but not all) of the songs I’ve lost werelocated in that folder after Moanin’. Do you know of any issues with apostrophes in song names?
Best, Martin

Should not be a problem however, try it without the apostrophe and see if it makes a difference.