Cajon Drum-Kit

does anybody created a Cajon-Drumkit and can share it here at the forum?

Werner

Hello!
I would also like a cajon drum kit.
I have some basic cajon samples, and some other instrument samples, but I am not able to create a kit.

I am happy to share the samples, or tell someone where to get them if someone would like to create the kit.

thanks!
rusty

How many different sounds would you expect in a cajon kit? Each sound needs samples at different velocities. I’m building a prototype cajon on a design idea I had right now, almost done.

would you share it to us after finishing?

Werner

It’s spinning around in my head, have to get it out. I’m inclined to do it, and share.

3 sound Cajon drum set. Bass, snare and stick. Not much difference between snare and stick. I plan to make an 8-10 sound set.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5avxwrylniuh4e3/Cajon%203%20sound.DRM?dl=0

We’ll be creating the Flamenco / Rumba drum set that will be available in the BeatBuddy online store. As well as having a cajon, it will also have palmas, castanetes, feet stomps, congas. We’ll also create a Flamenco / Rumba beats pack to complement the kit.

BEST NEWS I’VE HEARD!!! :slight_smile: Thanks to your post my friend ordered the Beatbuddy and footswitch right away…He plays rumbas and flamenco

I’m so excited about people creating beats and drumset for flamenco and rumbas! Can’t wait!

Glad to hear that. I am sure there will be a lot people that will find it useful. We’ll keep you posted once the kit is made. Cheers!

Thanks mate :slight_smile: …Yes I’m sure there will a lot of people looking for flamenco/rumba beats…It’s a growing genre and just here in Australia we’ve got lots of solo flamenco players who will start buying the beatbuddy like hot bread if these flamenco rumba sounds are made available. Not to mention the thousands in Spain and Latin America, so there’s a lot of potential in this genre!

Cheers, @checho11 . I agree. I spent a few years playing Rumba/ Flamenco on cajon/ percussion, so making the set and beats should bring some fond memories back :slight_smile: There is quite a lot of it here in Miami, FL too.

Cajon Kit Here!!
http://mybeatbuddy.com/forum/index.php?threads/cajon-drum-kit-free.1622/

Mate you’re a LEGEND!!! In the broad sense of the word! :slight_smile:

Thank you very much,it’s really fantastic

I downloaded and installed the Cajon drum kit then realized I haven’t a clue as to how to create the MIDI beats for it. I’m new to the BB. I have a drum machine, Roland Keyboard, Logic ProX and MIDI interface but I don’t think there is a way to hear the sounds on the BB by playing via MIDI using an external machine like a drum machine or keyboard to create the feel and pattern I want. Is there? I’m thinking the MIDI sync cables are only for syncing the clock, not to access the sounds via midi maybe I’m wrong. How did you create your midi files to play the cajon set?

@ttsing4u You are correct. MIDI function on the BB is only to sync the clocks. In order to hear the sounds in your computer midi sequencer, you’d need to have a virtual sampler with the same drum sounds loaded and mapped as in the BB.

Can you recommend one? (virtual sampler) or are you speaking of a sampler like built in to the Roland Keyboard?

For creating BB loops and sets, I used Groove Agent 4 SE that comes included with Cubase. Native Instruments’ Kontakt is industry standard, but it is not free. The player is (which is a limited version of the same sampler).
You use Logic. Its’ sampler is EXS24, which is included with it. You can use that.

Hi mate,
This may sound like a silly question, but how do you intall the Cajon drum kit? I Tried installing it by opening the manager , then saving it, but it didn’t work. I also dragged the file to the drum kit folder, but I’ve got the feeling this is not the way I’m supposed to do it. Can you please point me out in the right direction ? Cheers