CCR - Proud Mary with Bass 2018.03.09 - CCR - Proud Mary with Bass

CCR - Proud Mary with Bass

Download Here

What drums are you using with this ?

Isn’t Rock with Bass now Rock With Rick Bass - if so it doesn’t work ie No bass

Rock with Bass

I think that the Rock with Bass was crafted by Guitar Stu and the Rock with Ric Bass was done by Phil_Flood. Two different approaches to crafting kits where the bass notes are positioned differently in the MIDI scale. That’s probably why you don’t hear the bass notes. The first most likely does not have the bass notes modified for non-percussion while the second probably does.

I had a Rock with Bass 2-28 that was replaced by the Rock with a Rick Bass. As Persists notes, there are a couple different approaches to designing a “with bass” kit. I place the bass below the drums in the midi spectrum, usually using notes 0 through 31. Some others place the bass above the drums using 63 through 91.

Thanks for the explanation.
I’ll have a shot at producing the song using Rock with Rick Bass and post it later…

This is not what I expected. I have Proud Mary without Rick Bass. Sounds like a generic kit. Definitely not Proud Mary with bass.
So is there a Proud Mary download other than the Premium Library? I know one can buy individual drum kits from the Library, how about individual songs?
Tom Stoltz
in Maine
ps how do I delete a drum kit from BBM?

Sorry for the confusion. For the song at top of this thread, Guitar Stu’s Proud Mary with Bass, you need a kit that has the bass in midi spaces 63 through 91 in the BB kit. You could try the sub-standard pro kit:

Use the 63-91 version.

To delete a drumset from BBM, not BBMO, go into the drumsets list on BBM

Then, select the kit you want to delete.

Then from the upper menu bar select Drumsets

then Delete Drumset.

The process is likely somewhat different in BBMO. I have not used BBMO enough as yet to give advice on its use.

Thanks Phil, I’ll give it a try now that I know how to delete songs and kits from BBM. From what I heard of it though it sounds like a generic kit like on the BB rather than the drum part for Proud Mary. I’m an OPB type player so unless a drum kit indicates its midi range, I won’t have the foggiest.
Any idea when and where the second version of the SUB-Standard Pro will be? Like how will I know when it’s released?
As for the Premium Library, I know you can buy individual kits rather than purchase the whole Library. Can that also be done with songs, for example, Proud Mary? I’ve noticed the price has dropped for the Library and they have added a lot of generic kits for the BB. But I don’t even use the ones I have now so I have no need for more. Same goes for about 90% of the songs that come with it.
Thanks again,
Tom Stoltz
in Maine

It’s been released, years ago. I had two different level setting strategies for the samples. Other than that it’s the same as the kit linked above. The two versions are designed as PL, for plain, and SWN, for Switch Normalized. Just search for Sub- Standard Pro in the drumkits section, and it should show up. These kits were designated by midi range 0-31 and 62 (or 63) through 91 to designated where the bass is placed. That’s because the original “with bass” kit from Singular used the 63-91 range. Later user kits were developed using the 0-31 range to allow for placing of midi instruments other than bass. You can try both version of the kits, but it’s just going to change some of the loudness levels.

I haven’t kept up on what’s going on with the premium library, because I really have no use for it. The parts of the songs were too complicated for me to get my head around. I tried matching parts with recordings in a DAW, and could get no idea where the fills went. I found it more useful to search for midi arrangements on-line, and then delete all the parts except for drum and bass, if I wanted to make an OPB. I know some folks like the idea and flexibility for separate parts, and I do too, at times, for example with a blues jam. But for most covers, it seems sticking to the original arrangement works best for me.

Be careful when looking at that library purchase. What is listed now is the Groove Monkey library, which is a collection of generic beats. While they are good patterns, they are not the specifics or any given song. The other Premium Beats have been taken down for some reason known only to Singular. There was some speculation about reasons, but I haven’t seen anything other than rumor.

Okay, I guess I’ve gotten spoiled with the OPB songs, but Proud Mary this is not. I have loaded the SUB-Standard Pro drum sets, however this is still like a generic kit rather than a song.
Has anyone made an OPB song for Proud Mary? The Premium Library is no longer available and Groove Monkey doesn’t offer Proud Mary.
Tom Stoltz
in Maine

I’ll work it up as an OPB in the coming days.

Wow Persist, that would be great, thanks.
Tom Stoltz
in Maine