Rock & Rick Bass 0-31 (Rock with Bass 2 - 28)

Centered kit - only 1 BB output needed.

This kit replaced Rock with Bass 2-28. The new Singular Rock kit is used, adding several instruments. Bass was replaced with a 4001 bass from the IK Multimedia MODO Bass plug-in. The plug-in provides a couple bass tuning options which are great for BB. First, any 4 string bass can be made into a 5 string, adding that range from B0 through Eb1. This give use our C1 through Eb1 samples. More importantly, there is a “high action” option. This gets the strings off the fretboard for clean bass tones, with no string buzz on the low notes.

I used the Rick 'N Bass version.

2 Likes

Thank You so much this is great help, for song files

Thank for the feedback.Much appreciated.

If I understand this, Bass tracks written in the C1 scale should work, but A1 and B1 don’t play (sound).
Moving the track to the C2 scale silences bass altogether.

I do not believe you understand it correctly. The actual sounds of the bass notes in the kit range from C1 through G3. They are mapped, however, in the range of midi 0 through 31, or what we would possibly call C -2 though G0. This allows us to still have the drum kits pieces using General midi mapping at 36 through 59, with a metronome sound at 33, and a shaker at 82.

The Beat Buddy only permits us to have one midi track to activate sounds. This is similar to a midi type 0 file, but we cannot have multiple channels embedded intro the track. Thus, we have 128 slots, and only 128 slots available for sounds. We are also limited to a combined total of 100mb for the sounds in the drumkit.

So I should move bass track down a scale to C0?

I move the bass track down to C-1. You usually want the lowest note to be E -2, that’s E minus 2, the lowest E available in the midi range.

If you are building a track, audition it and get it working at a normal audible range. Then, move it down to the low octave range before merging it with the drums.

I got it working! Remapped Bass to C0. Everything working fine now.