Trying to create a song for The Weight - The Band. How can I add two extra beats to the chorus. I tried a transition using 2/4 measures, but it only plays the first measure.
You can’t change time signatures on a transition. I approached this a variety of ways on this song.
- You could make a 6/4 measure and transition to it each time at the end of the chorus
- You could use the foot switch to pause to create the break, and then unpause on 1
- You could make a DOP of the whole song
I actually started with option 1 and then turned it into option 3. I’ve attached in here: The_Weight OP.sng (561.2 KB)
The entire song is in the intro. The structure is as follows:
- Intro roll
- Walk down progression twice
- All five verse/choruses/walk down progressions sequences with a 6/4 break at the end of the chorus
- Walk down progression happens twice after the fifth verse/chorus
- After the intro is over you get dropped into a Null song part and can stop the song.
If you’re interested in more dynamic control, I actually posted a version here when I had the parts created but hadn’t put them into a DOP yet: The Weight (The Band)
Thank you, Jason. You’ve saved me a lot of experimentation time and frustration.
there is another way too, u can create a double speed song, for example your song is 100bpm, u make it 200 and then u modify the drum to play like 100, so you can get an extra two beat ur your chorus, and also u can do a 2/4 transition.
Im not sure if you understand what i meaning, but i do this for some ballad song like 70bpm i make it to 140, so i can get an extra 2 beat before chorus of after chorus.
What I do sometimes for my middle eights.
This works. Unfortunately, BB Manager doesn’t make it easy.
Thanks for your help.