Cleaning Volume Knob

Hello,

Is it possible to perform some type of cleaning on the volume knob? The pedal I currently have is the second unit I buy, since the first one had the same exact issue, after a while of using it the volume changes by itself going up and down randomly by a few percentage numbers, but after a while, it goes from about 75% all the way up to 100%. This obviously causes undesired volume changes :confused: and headaches :mad:

I use the pedal indoors 5 days a week, as I have gigs in small restaurants and coffee shops, and it may get a little dust in it once in a while.

I do not want to be replacing my unit every year for this, so I want to see if somebody has had a similar issue, and how they dealt with it, without having to send the unit back and get a replacement. :frowning:

Thanks for your help!

I think this is more of an electronic issue so Iโ€™m not sure this is a mechanical problem however, since the volume knob appears to be a potentiometer, try removing the knob and then spraying some DeoxIT on the shaft. The trick is to get the spray so it goes down the shaft and into the inner workings of the pot (and not all over everything else). I try to fit a metric socket over the top of the shaft (this may not work on this pedal due to the size), insert the spray tip from the DeoxIT into the socket so it touches the shaft and then gently pump the DeoxIT canister a couple of times. Do not overdo it. Rotate the shaft back and forth to work it in. Make sure the knob is firmly attached to the shaft but donโ€™t over tighten it.

Let us know how it turns out.