Connect Aeros/BeatBuddy to modeling amp

Good day to you all,

Yes, after I bought the Beatbuddy now I’ll have finally bought myself the Aeros Loop Studio. Awesome!

I’ve just got one great big “problem” and that’s I can’t figure out how to connect the guitar/modeling amp to the Aeros & Beatbuddy and play.

• I’ve connected the Beatbuddy with the Midi Cable to the Aeros Loop Studio (pic.1)
  • Aeros Out L/R is connected with the Input L/R Beatbuddy (pic. 1)
  • I don’t have an Audio Interface or mixer and I have no external speakers.
  • I’ve connected the Beatbuddy “Phones output” into the Blackstar “mp3/Line In” and I have a pretty good sound

Now I am trying to find out how I’m able to play the Beatbuddy and Aeros Loop Studio connected on my guitar and modeling amp blackstar id30 tvp (pic. 2)
Wich in/output can I use on the BB, Aeros and Amp so I can play?
Or do I still need an extra mixer?

Ik love to hear from you soon.
Best regards,
Kaj

HELLO I AM STUCK NEED THE ROUTE CABLES FROM DEVICES TO SPEAKERS CANT FIND VIDEOS EXPLAINING THE WAY TO CONNECT THE CBLES TO THE AMP AND SPEAKER TY

Hello Kaj,

If the amp is the only device to which you are outputting sound, then I think you should just separate your guitar signal from the Beat Buddy’s in order to benefit from the your amp’s cab sims and onboard effects.

Like this:

1. Your guitar plugs into the Aeros input

2. Instead of feeding the Aeros output into the Beatbuddy, plug the Aeros out (mono) into your Blackstar INPUT jack. This will allow you to hear your guitar (live and and Aeros looped) with the cab sim and effects of the amp applied.

3. Leave the Beat Buddy connection going into the Blackstar’s MP3/Line In. That input on the amp is meant for a backing track, and I think it should not get the cab sim and effects applied to it.

I hope that helps!

-Patrick

Hej Patrick,

Thanks for your comment!
How can the BeatBuddy and Aeros synchronize with each other if I do’nt connect them directly?

Could it be a solution if I use a mixer or audio interface with it?

Greetings,
Kaj

I think his comment was just for the audio separation. You would still need to have the BB and Aeros connected via MIDI cable so they are in sync with each other.

Yes - thanks. Still need midi connection for them to be in sync.

:+1:

thanks both trickmo and BFRedrocks.
I will aply it soon!

Hej Patrick,

Your trick does the work! Briljant.

I just can’t play/record with different effect/patches now. If I change an effect the whole loop changes into that exact effect/patch. Logical in itself maybe. Do I have to change a setting somewhere in the Aeros ?

Greetings,
Kaj

There isn’t a setting on the Aeros for that because you are applying your amp’s effects after the signal leaves the Aeros in this scenario. Given what you’ve described, I don’t see an easy way to record to Aeros using your amp’s effects while also using that same amp to monitor both the guitar/Aeros and your Beat Buddy’s audio. If your amp had an effects loop, that would be the least complicated way to achieve it. The easiest way to record to Aeros with your amp’s effects now might be to just use headphones to listen.

To do that:

1. Guitar plugs into amp’s INPUT. Set the amp Master Volume at 0 and adjust amp Volume to set the amp/effects output level. You won’t hear your guitar through the guitar amp speaker.
  2. Out from Amp’s “Em/Headphone” jack into Aeros IN (change Aeros input to line level setting)
  3. Aeros OUT to Beatbuddy IN
  4. Plug your headphones into the Beatbuddy’s Phones jack
  5. No change to MIDI

hope that helps!
Patrick

2 Likes

I had same problem with my Katana 50, has no FX loop so couldn’t get the different affects on one loop.
A cheap way I got around this was I connected an iRig2 before going into the Aeros. Cost about $40 and i downloaded tonebridge app and connect iRig to my Samsung phone. Heaps of presets to choose from, very small latency that didn’t bother me. Lots of fun :+1:

1 Like

Patrick,
YOU ARE THE BEST!!!
After 3 weeks I’m finally able/got the time to try it all out.
Your latest trick does the work really well!!!
It loops great and I’m able to play, listen and record all different amp’s effects separately into a song.
This is exactly why I bought the beat Buddy and Aeros Loop !
Thank you so much for your help!!!

Now I’m able to play and jam and at the same time save some money to get a better sound in the future (new amp or STL amphub with audio interface)
For now I’m very happy!
Thanks again Patrick!!!
Greetings,
Kaj

1 Like

:facepunch: