Copying in midi editor

must be missing something, but how do you copy sections in the midi editor to create longer patterns, i just want to copy a 4 bar pattern to create a 16 bar pattern as part of a one shot pattern, but am really struggling to do this, what am i doing wrong ???

I don’t know that you’re doing anything wrong except that the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) MIDI Editor was not created for anything but very light editing or tweaking of the MIDI. That said, there are some forum users quite skilled in using the MIDI Editor and they might be able to share some of their tips.

Many users try their hand at using a DAW (digital audio workstation). Using a DAW comes with a steep learning curve.

Hello, @steadphil.

You’re not missing anything. The BB Editor is lacking many editing features common to commercial MIDI editors. If you don’t have a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation), such as Reaper, Logic, Cubase, Ableton Live, etc. what you want is only possible to do with the BB Editor via a “poor man’s” approach, such as the one I’m proposing next:

1. Export the 4-beat part
  2. Create 3 copies and call them Fill1, Fill2 and Fill3.
  3. Import them back into the BB Manager as part of your original song.
  4. Edit each Fillx as desired, to introduce variations (I’m assuming that’s the reason behind your 16-bar request)
  5. Fire the Fills one after the other during your live performance.

I’m attaching a basic BB Manager/Editor guide I made to help those starting to use the software. It’s by no means a comprehensive guide so many other basic steps (like installations and such) are absent.

I hope this will help.
Cheers!

BBManager_and_BBEditor_guide_by_LuisLugo.pdf (11.6 MB)

1 Like