Count in measures not working

When creating a new song on the loop studio, not using the beatbuddy, I normally use 1 or 2 count ins. But after the latest update - I think… The count ins don’t behave as they use to. It seems that it doesn’t matter how many count in measures I chose 1,2 or 3 - it acts the same with 1,2 or 3 clicks randomly - not measures, or no clicks at all, just straight into recording.

I use 6x6 mode and 4/4 beats with fw. 4.1.5

I’ve now found out, that if i disconnect the midi plug from the beat buddy the count in works as expected but the moment i reconnect the beat buddy the issue with short random length count in reappears. The beat buddy is turned on but not started.

There’s a setting on the BB Midi section that controls when the tempo sync starts. The default option is when the main beat starts. I had to change it to start on the Intro in order for the timing to work out consistently. This was on a boomerang, but it sounds like maybe a similar type of symptom.

Hey there, this is because the BeatBuddy sends out Clock when it is also stopped, the Aeros has new logic that makes it much harder for it to lose count of the current song so it is possible this has some other effects, could you take a video of what you mean exactly if possible please? (unlisted youtube videos work well for this)

The BeatBuddy is stopped and you have count in enabled? You don’t start the BeatBuddy?

You are also saying that it doesn’t change how long it takes for the Aeros to start, does it always follow the BB visual metronome?

Thanks for reporting, let me know!

Hi, I just updated to the latest OS of the Aeros Loop Studio and have the exact same issue. I’m programming a count in on the Aeros of 1 measure but when you start the Loop Studio via the Beatbuddy (like I always have) it starts recording right away. Any tips to get it to work like it use to?

Where do you adjust this setting on BB? Do I connect it to a computer to change this type of setting? Previously you adjusted the count in on the Aeros

In the settings on the BB itself (push tempo and drum kit knobs at the same time)

Midi Out → Start = Intro
Midi Out → Sync = When Playing

Hey there,

Is one of these known issues what you are experiencing?

• If Count In Record is off, the Aeros will not start recording in sync with a Master clock (like the BeatBuddy) after it is stopped and a recording is started from a stopped state instead it starts recording immediately. If Count In Record is on but the count in is set to 0, this will work correctly.
  • If Count In Playback is off, the Aeros will not start playback in sync with a Master clock (like the BeatBuddy) after it is stopped and playback is started from a stopped state, instead it starts playback immediately. If Count In Playback is on but the count in is set to 0, this will work correctly.

Let me know!