Create your own songs for Dummies

Did you export to the main section or did you mean you clicked on the section to Add Midi File? If you added the midi, then yes, it sounds like you did everything correctly. You can check your work in the BBM by opening that section with the BBM midi editor. Check that there are no Non-Supported drum instruments. If you’re still having trouble, you can upload your mid file here and maybe one of the users can take a look at it.

I am not a MuLab expert, but it sounds to me like you need to figure out how to set the MIDI channel for the track in MuLab before you export it. Many MIDI sequencers will default a track, or all tracks, to one channel (maybe channel 1?). I believe BeatBuddy is only looking for notes on channel 10 which is the defacto MIDI drum channel.

Yes I added the midi file correctly. Not an expert on all the mulab settings, but I snooped around in the midi channels area and set it as far as I can tell to 10…deleted the song from BB and re-imported it again…still no sound…When I click on the midi editor in BB there is nothing there, all the clickable options are blanked out…unclickable so I cannot even get into the manger midi editor for whatever reason either? I also set the mulabs audio output channel to channels a and b…still nothing…

I did a search “mulab track midi channel”. This is from their documentation:

Using MIDI Channels

MIDI channels come into play when you want to address the different sub-sections in a module, for example a multi-timbral synth. A multi-timbral synth can generate different sounds at the same time, each controlled by its own MIDI channel. But there are more situations where the use of MIDI channels can be handy.

By default, tracks play on MIDI channel 1. You can change this via the track’s context menu → Choose MIDI Channel. By default, sub-tracks use the same MIDI channel as their parent track, but you can change this too.

You can also set a track’s MIDI channel to “Per Part” so you can define the MIDI channel per part via the part’s context menu → Choose MIDI Channel. And if you set a part’s MIDI channel to “Per Event”, well then you can define the MIDI channel on event level. In this case new drawn notes get the focused MIDI channel which can be changed via Sequence Editor’s context menu → Editor → Choose Focused Channel.

It looks like you have to set the channel for the “Part” where the part seems to be the MIDI sequenced track. Make sure you’ve set the channel for the track or “Part” to channel 10. Then, export to MIDI again, and import that into BB.

Here’s how to check your work in the BBM:

• Sounds like you’re trying to open the Midi Editor by going thru the menu (screen shot 01) which as you’ve mentioned, doesn’t work;
  • in BBM, ctrl-click on the song part to bring up a sub-menu (screen shot 02); click on Edit from the sub-menu and when the prompt to quantize pops up , make your choice—I usually select “no”; you will be in the Midi Editor window (screen shot 03);
  • assuming your newly created song part was done correctly in Mutools and added correctly to the BBM, you will see the drum instruments shaded in darker gray in the left column and the velocity with a number representing what the volume for that note is (screen shot 04);
  • if you don’t have any instruments shaded in darker gray or any velocity numbers in the cells (or they’re 0), or you have Not Supported displayed for your drum instruments, (screen shot 05) then perhaps your mid song file is suspect.

If you’d like me to check your mid file, then please upload the file that you exported to midi from Mutools.

Is there any way to see the images?

http://forum.mybeatbuddy.com/index.php?resources/re-beatbuddy-user-forum-error.2581/

Nope. Photobucket screwed up alot of information out there when they shut down their free service. Which is a shame cause I put a bit of work into this at the time. No way Im going to redo it.

Oh wow I didnt know they closed down. yeah lots of folks used to use that. I wonder how many other 100000 of sites had the same issue like this. Yeah free anything doesnt last forever sadly. HDD is cheaper and cheaper but still costs $$

The best way to create songs, is to use ripper with guitar rig 5 Native native instruments (vst), and the vsti plugin addictive dreams ( or ez drummer) There are also a lot of plug-ins for the synthesizer, but I have enough of those that I have in synth. about audio-interface, I use behringer uphoria umc 204, but it isn’t good choce. About best audio interface you can read this article