Creating a BeatBuddy SD Card from Standard Content

This topic shows how to create a BeatBuddy SD card from the standard content you download from the site.

[list=1]
[]Insert an SD or SDHC card into your computer slot. Format or erase the content on the card.
[
]Download a Beat Buddy content RAR file such as “FINAL Content v120 - SD card files.rar”.
Unpack the card with an unpack program such as 7-Zip or WinZip.
You may unpack it to a hard file and copy the results to the SD card, or you may unpack the content file directly to the root directory of the SD card.
I found the hard file copy method to be faster on my machine.
The v120 content file unpacks to about 655MB and fits on a 1GB SD card.
[*]Insert the card into the Beat Buddy and all standard songs and drums can be played.[/list]

After formatting SD card, it will require a firmware to be unpacked onto it along with the content.
This topic probably needs some references to other useful threads on the forum :slight_smile:

I thought it needed to be an SDHC SD card, are you saying any should work?

I don’t get how you’ve concluded that “any”.

There are three major types of SD cards, and OP has (correctly) enumerated two of them. Under “SD” he implicitly meant both SD 1.0 and SD 1.1 - what would be generally called SD Standard Capacity. So SDXC are explicitly ruled out.

I don’t think you need firmware files unless you have firmware you want to update. I followed this process with just the Content v120 RAR file (no firmware), and it played fine in my BeatBuddy.

Also, any links or suggestions for the tip, I will be glad to edit into the original post.
Thanks, Dan

1 Like