Creating new setlists in BBM

I hear you. I’m not sure how you’d go about that because MIDI implementation varies so much from keyboard to keyboard. But I cannot say it is impossible. You could, for example, mount BB to the top of your keyboard w velcro and run a footswitch to act as the main pedal. Then you could just reach over and choose song and tempo by hand pretty quickly, especially if the songs are in order. If you want to control things from your keyboard, the first thing I see is this: you’re going to have develop a system that works with your keyboard. That will probably take some time and trial and error to work out. And ultimately, you may find it’s too much of a kludge and wish you had gone the app route from the get go.

One problem you’ll deal with: say you use Rock 1 for three different songs but each song has a different tempo. So will you create 3 duplicate keyboard registrations to call up Rock 1, each with a different tempo? Because I’m not sure how you’d do it otherwise. So now you’re eating up your keyboard registration slots in order to play these 3 songs with the same piano reg.

I guess I would say that if you’re willing to spend time and energy creating a system that you may ultimately outgrow (and what I’m really saying is that I do think you will outgrow it), why not just go with an app-based system that you won’t outgrow, a system with many users who you can tap for help and ideas, not to mention email support which in Bandhelper’s case is pretty good. (Can’t comment on Onsong email support since I’ve never used it.)

Yeah, that definitely is something to think about. See, I’ve always played the Roland RD series pianos, with the drums already in them. I did use a lot of the same patterns for various songs, and I would adjust them on the fly. Hardly took any time at all, and the audience didn’t seem to mind, so for now I may just duck down to the pedal (I play sitting on bench, so I’m already halfway there!), and give the tempo knob a quick spin. I’ve only had 2 gigs with the BB, so I guess I’ll probably just do whatever feels natural and probably end up going whichever way it takes me. I love knowing there are so many people here to help and support me. Thank you all for that! I wish I had something to contribute to give back, but right now I don’t. So a simple thank you is all I can do. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Works for me. Good luck!