Creating set lists from a master list

hi
So me and my friend use his BB pedal to perform and I’ve created a Master List of all the songs that we have, with the thought that we can then pick and chose from this list to create sets for performance.
However, it seems very labour-intensive to do this. First I create a new folder, which ends up at the bottom of the folder list. Then I have to move this folder up by repeteadley using the Move Up command on the menu. Then I have to export each song, and type the name, and then import it into the set list folder.
This is very time consuming.
Is there a better way of doing this?
thanks

Why are you having to move folders up. I have a master list of all my songs that I have used in the past. I also have an exported list of all the songs and I just import those into a new folder. you may not know but if you click the song before where you want to add the new one, then when you import the song it will go after it. Does that make sence?
This process will get better over time. You can also export folders and reimport them which is a good way of making a backup and also copying back to the BB.

thanks Psalm40 yes I did know that when you import a song it comes in right after the one that you’re currently selected.
About moving a folder up, when I create a new Folder it sits at the bottom of the folder list, so I have a Master List at the top of the folder list, and I want to move the new folder I just created to a spot just below that Master List and the only way I see of doing that is to keep moving it up the list one step at the time.
However, I didn’t realize I could export the whole folder into a new one.So if I can export my folder that contains the Master List into a new folder, should I then go into that exported folder and arrange the songs into a set list? Or delete the songs I don’t want perhaps?
Hope this makes sense :slight_smile:

Sorry you misunderstood, you can’t have folders within folders.

my fault Psalm40, I didn’t do a good job of explaining myself
basically, I wanna make a folder called “set list” using songs that I have in my master list, what’s your suggestion on how to best do this?
I’m guessing that I would export the master list into a new folder and then arrange the songs in there to create a set list?

Depends how many songs, you could export the master list then reimport it to create a copy (folder would be at the bottom of the list), then move it up to where you need it, finally delete all the songs you don’t need and arrange them.
If you have a list of the exported sng files, then you can create a new folder and import the songs in the order you would like.

thanks for your (always) great help :slight_smile:

I’m finding out the hard way that there is a maximum amount of songs that fit in one folder …
Redoing & shortening my alphabetical set list … time consuming, … but so’s doing dishes! … ( not lol’ing)

Yes, I believe it is 100, but don’t have that many songs in a folder myself.

I’m getting close to 100 songs in my master list, sounds like I may need to start master list 2…
would a better strategy be to keep a large master list on a computer and then import only those songs you need for a gig? (although it’s always nice to have a few spares)

… for future reference :wink:

The maximum number of songs per folder is 99.

Hi guys, how do I create a “set list” on my beatbuddy/footpedal so that I can create a list of all the songs/tempos I want and then just tap the right button of the footswitch after the first song and have it go straight to the second song in my set list? Thanks so much

1. Create a new folder in BBManager via Organize > New Folder.
  2. Keep adding songs to the folder:
  • if you wish to create a new song from scratch (and prepared MIDI files), use File > New Song.
  • if you want to add an existing song from some other folder, select that song and export it via Import - Export > Export Song (this will export an SNG file for you). Then select your new folder back, and use Import - Export > Import Song, choose the file you’ve just exported.
  1. For every song make sure to set default tempo and drumset that you wish.
  2. Import - Export > Export Project to Pedal (choose Yes for overwrite when prompted) to get your changes to your pedal.

Result:
You will have your folder, and you will be able to cycle forward through songs in it (when BeatBuddy is stopped) solely via an external footswitch press.

I demonstrate this in my tutorial videos, there is also a tutorial sticky which explains how to use the Beatbuddy manager software.

Hi Guys, useful stuff, thanks.
I have

[SIZE=19px][FONT=UICTFontTextStyleBody][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Hi Guys, useful stuff, thanks.
I’m building a master folder and like to make a setlist each weak for the songs I’ve selected. But if I change my mind about a single song, I can’t seem to delete it. There only seems to be the option to delete the whole setlist folder, make a new folder and star importing all over again!
I’m on a Mac, by the way, using the beta version. Don’t know how this differs from the PC version.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=19px][FONT=UICTFontTextStyleBody]Hi Guys, useful stuff, thanks.
I’m building a master folder and like to make a setlist each weak for the songs I’ve selected. But if I change my mind about a single song, I can’t seem to delete it. There only seems to be the option to delete the whole setlist folder, make a new folder and star importing all over again!
I’m on a Mac, by the way, using the beta version. Don’t know how this differs from the PC version.[/FONT][/SIZE]

The delete button is very small and looks like a red cross (X). Just look at the top right of the last (right-most) column in BBManager.
You can either delete a song part or a whole song altogether.

And, yes, I’ve also spent like 5 minutes to find them by myself the first time I ever got BBManager :slight_smile:

Thanks, I’ll have a look for that but it’s a holiday Monday in the UK and sunny so my wife has me building a patio :cool: