Cruel To Be Kind - DOP & OPB (UPDATED)

Note: this was previously requested by rlumachi and posted by Mike OC but I don’t see that it’s been re-uploaded. I’ve since then found a good source file and so I transcribed this song.

Requires:

• v1 Rock 1.1
  • v2 NP StdPBass 63-91
  • Beta BeatBuddy Manager version ≥1.6b
  • Firmware > v2.0.4
Includes: 2 songs, MIDI source file and Chords & Lyrics

Download Here

1 Like

Thank you for this. My daughter is adding this song to her setlist. The intro is not like the original, though. If possible, she would like to perform it like the Nick Lowe or Letters to Cleo version (same beat) so that when they have a drummer available it’s the same as BB.
I don’t currently have the skillset to edit the song to the original structure. My humble request is a revision to make it like the original if anyone is willing to do so. It may be just a matter of deleting the repeated parts in the intro. Thanks again.

Thank you.

I’ll take another listen and see what I can do.

1 Like

Nick Lowe

Notes:

• Outro fade-out
  • What’s updated? Different source file; adjusted velocities; refreshed cheat sheet.
  • Link (in blue font) to new user resources

Song version_________Suggested kit

v1 DOP______________SUB-Standard Pro Plain
v2 OPB______________SUB-Std Pro PL Bass 0-31

Includes: 2 songs, link to Youtube video, MIDI source file, chord shapes and Chords & Lyrics

Cruel To Be Kind - Nick Lowe.zip (117.1 KB)
1979/757

@RGOlsen

NOTE: I adjusted the drums for the intro but there wasn’t a large choice of MIDI source file so I used the one that came closest.

1 Like

Sounds great. Thank you so much!

Russell

1 Like