Custom CC values

Hello,
The BB sends out a CC with a value of 102 for transitions.
The Boss new Looper RC10-R only accepts CC values from CC#1–31, CC#64–95.
Is it possible to change CC values of the BB, so we could transition the Boss Looper from part 1 to part 2.
I know that SS made the Aeros which is exactly what i’m looking for, but it is too expensive for me.
Maybe in the future they will make an Aeros mini 2 x 2, like they made the BB mini.
Thanks
Greetings from Belgium

1 Like

http://midisolutions.com/prodevp.htm

Midi solutions makes a box called the Event Processor, which will allow you to do what you want. It can convert one midi signal to another different signal.

2 Likes

+1 on the MIDI Solutions Event Processor. It can even translate a single event into multiple events or trigger a series step-by-step. I’m using an Event Processor Plus to run my stage lights off of my Beat Buddy.

1 Like

I agree with Luna_Studio on this. It’s always possible to add more boxes to address the inefficiencies of product inter-working, but the whole point of MIDI is that it is an inter-working standard, so why not make these messages programmable.
I can see where the BB designers may claim to be more standards compliant in the CC number mappings that they receive, Boss appear to be a little more cavalier in this regard, and perhaps we are asking for too much in expecting full programmability across a range of products in both Tx and Rx directions, but I would certainly expect to be able to define the messages that a product TRANSMITS, if nothing else, and for BB this is a small number of commands.

1 Like