Cymbal Crash on Created intro

I’m trying to create an intro for a beat that has a cymbal crash at the end of the intro fill / first beat of the main beat as it starts. If you use a fill that already exists, it seems like it does this without the cymbal crash showing up in the BB manager. It’s almost like the cymbal crash occurs regardless if it’s actually in the beat.

Am I crazy? For example, if I go to rock 1 and start the BB in BB manager, I hear the cymbal crash when it transitions to the main rock 1 beat. If I open the fill in the intro in BB manager to edit it, the cymbal crash is not in there. It’s not on the first beat of the measure for the main beat either. Can someone help me with this?

Hi there.
The cymbal crash is there, at the beginning of the second bar which it’s collapsed and you cannot see because the number of bars (box on the left) is set to 1. Change that to 2 and the 2nd bar will show up with the cymbal crash in it.

The reason the 2nd bar is collapsed (by setting the number of bars to 1) is so that the cymbal crash will sound or play on the first note of the next BB part, if it’s in a Transition, or on the same Main part if it’s in a Fill.
If you leave the 2nd bar open (not collapsed) the cymbal crash will play/sound on its own for the duration of that bar and that’s not the usually desired outcome.

Hope that helps.
Cheers!

2 Likes

Thank you so much. That’s exactly what I was looking for

1 Like