Cymbal Fade on Pause

Hi…haven’t seen anything like this posted before
I use an external pedal that functions as the Pause/Unpause switch
On a few songs, holding this pedal down pauses the beat & creates a “crash cymbal fade”
This is a great feature & makes pauses or endings sound much better
Unfortunately I cannot figure what is in the midi that makes it happen
I have tried to recreate it by using the same cymbal “track” in other songs but it is hit & miss (mostly miss)
thanks in advance

From the manual

Stepping on both the Pause and Accent hit
footswitches at the same time stops the
drums with a crash cymbal sound (if the
accent hit is a crash cymbal) – a nice effect

It thus appears that your external pedal is triggering the Pause/Accent combination. You only get a cymbal occasionally, because there is not an accent hit loaded in every song, and even when there is, it might not be a cymbal.

You can also select a Global Accent hit from the pedal settings for accent hit.

Hi Phil

Here is some more info

• I don’t have accent hits in any of the songs & only have 1 external pedal switch

Is there a setting to do what you mentioned…Have the external
pedal trigger a Pause/Accent combination?

If
so, I could put Accent Hits in every song that I wanted it to happen

Thanks
for all your advice

Kevin

OK, I’ve been trying to figure out a way to do this consistently.

The footswitch settings do have a setting for Outro. This will cause the pedal to trigger the Outro consistent with your cue fill settings. IF you set your Cue Fill Setting to immediately, and you have the footswitch set to outro, using the attached midi file will play a single crash cymbal hit that fades away.

Outro Crash.mid (110 Bytes)

Simply load this midi file into all your songs as the outro, and when you hit the correctly configured footswitch, you’ll get the crash and end.

Hey Phil

Thanks for the help & the MIDI file

How do I tie this into the Pause/Unpause function of the external footswitch?

I only want 1 footswitch & I want the two events to happen at once [PAUSE + CYMBAL FADE]

I use the external footswitch Pause/Unpause for 2 functions

1 - To end all of our songs because it only requires one tap

2 - For stops & starts within dozens of songs

The external switch is on the floor

The BeatBuddy is mounted up higher so I don’t have to bend down to select every song

It’s easy to start a song using my hand to press the Main switch

A single

external footswitch with Pause/Unpause has made the BeatBuddy extremely easy to use for live gigs

Kevin

PS: As a future feature, it would also be nice to be able to program the switch features using the PC software

Ok, so it won’t “pause” it will just end the song. Then you start the next song. When you trigger the outdo, you are going to get a stopped song and a cymbal crash only, that will last for three measures. Then you can do what you want. If you are wanting to pause and restart the same song where you left off, this won’t work. If you had the two button switch, you could pause and crash at the same time.

Oh, and I have nothing to do with the programming of this thing. I am a user, just like you.

Wow, you have been awesome!

I think they should hire you for their online support

I will give this a try.

Your advice on the other issue I had with OUTROs also worked out great

Thanks for taking the time to help me

Merry Christmas Phil…

Hi Kev, you can set the footswitch to advance to the next song, when the main pedal is in the stopped mode.That way you can put the main pedal on the floor and use it to start and stop songs.

Hi Hank
I use the external footswitch Pause/Unpause for 2 functions (it’s on the floor)
1 - To end all of our songs because it only requires one tap
2 - For stops & starts within dozens of songs

The BeatBuddy is mounted up higher so I don’t have to bend down to select every song using the display.
We have over 600 songs alphabetized in about 25 folders
Tapping a switch to advance to the next song wouldn’t work in our setup
It’s easy to start a song using my hand to press the Main switch after I select the song

thanks for the feedback…