Decay for overdubs

Hi Brennan!!! I hope you well…

any advance or progress in this feature? some firmware update soon ?

Thank You!

Yep, and the ditto has dedicated knobs for track volume and decay. These are things one wants to change on the fly. With the Aeros one would have to make all these decisions beforehand in the settings.
Same with synced track btw. Either all tracks are in sync or none. This is really not intuitive.
But on the other hand it is such a great device for countless other reasons.
I decided to use it in conjunction with my Ditto because the Aeros will never be able to reproduce those features.

The best way would be to use an expression pedal for the decay rate. This way one stays flexible during a performance.

1 Like

Same here. What a shame. A lost opportunity.

1 Like

Perhaps this becomes a setting controllable by Midi CC on the fly.

Perhaps this becomes a setting controllable via a new runtime settings page on the fly sort of the like the mixer. Lots of untapped power on the Aeros for more UI via touchscreen, scrollwheel, and buttons. Scroll wheel is sorely under utilized.

A post was split to a new topic: How to connect the Aeros and the Ditto

We users talk and talk here but no word from anyone at SS. We are talking in vain. None is listening. Shame.

1 Like

Any news about the decay function please? This function does not yet appear in the manual or latest firmware. Can someone please give us an update? Thanks.

Hey there,

It’s probably safe to assume we at some point see all threads that have so many replies

There is no news other than we are working on the Loop Decay to be in the upcoming release

It will not have progressive decay (frippertronics) at every loop seam while overdubbing because this is not currently possible with how the Aeros handles overdubs.

Thanks for the question

We removed this from the 4.3.x version it was not stable, it briefly debuted in beta 4.3.0 which is no longer available.

It will be available again in the next version

Hi Brennan(and all the singular sound’s stuff) first of all… Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Second…I would like to know if you see impossible to achieve “progressive decay” with the aeros.
And if this will be possible with firmware changes… or if it will only be possible by changing the hardware.

Thanks guys for every little step to improve Aeros.

1 Like

After studying most posts here on the forum I get the impression that loop decay like featured on the Ditto loopers is one of the most requested features for the Aeros.
I finally came to accept that this is just not happening on the Aeros. Anyway it would be useless if it only works in a pre-determined fashion through the settings and not spontaneously via expression pedal or something else.

I agree. I am still using my Ditto X4 while my Aeros unit is gathering dust on the shelf. I saw now the release of the Decay function in the 5.0.0 firmware update and it is as flawed as it was when originally released. I won’t wait another couple of years for this to be implemented. So, sadly, my Aeros will have to be sold. Barely used it.

I must say, this version 5.0 is a real improvement and I love to use the Aeros for many things. Unfortunately it lacks spontaneity and requires to much predefined settings for each tune.
Especially syncing and unsyncing tracks on the flay makes the Ditto superior in these fields.
Well, and loop decay is really so fundamental for every musician who is using loopers for other things like top 40 cover songs…
Still I will keep mine - just for the 6x6 mode alone it totally rocks!!!

Loop Decay has been implemented in it’s first form in 5.0.0 which was released as a beta over christmas

Happy New Year!

This is something we are looking into soon, we know it’s important to you guys but the mechanism for undoing and redoing and the ability to continue overdubbing over the loop seam without creating a new layer are in conflict with this ability and we must spend some time to see how we can make it work

More news soon, we will be looking into it

That’s not necessarily the case, it is just not the only thing we have been requested to do. It may still be possible, we know it is important to users.

It definitely is not a couple of years away if we do it

We are working on solutions to improve this, remember that 5.0.0 is still in beta

2 Likes

Great to hear/read this. I am loving the Aeros anyway. In the meantime I will continue to use it in tandem with the the Ditto, but I can’t wait for the day to do it all in Aeros!

1 Like

Hi Brennan, thanks for your responses.

Reading through the users’ comments one more time (including my own) I can’t help but feel some degree of greediness, given that such a massive update has been offered FOR FREE to all the users.

I do think SS ought to consider charging some (reasonable) amount for updates that involve significant research and resources in order to satisfy specific requests. I would be more than happy to pay for an update that specifically resolves this problem (i.e. progessive decays a.k.a. frippertronics). Thanks for listening.

2 Likes

As far as I understood the progressive decay is not possible (yet) because of the way each tracks consists of 2 layers, right?
Well here is the idea: How about just ONE layer per track WITH progrssive decay aka FRIPPERTRONICS? Would that be possible? I think everyone who is really hoping for true loop decay could easily live with just one layer per track… So please give us the option: 2 layers, no decay - 1 layer, frippertronics

No it is not so straightforward, the way overdubs behave is central to the core of the Aeros code and how it behaves, there is a high risk that it will not be easy to do this and we may not do it if it will take a very long time to do or break a bunch of things in the process

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying. Us Frippertronic-Heads will keep on hoping then :slight_smile:

1 Like