I’m a solo pianist who has worked with a drum machine for nearly 20 years now. It’s a great and fluid way to work for me by not being tied down to prerecorded song backings, and having the opportunity to change up the song arrangement as I see fit (mainly cos I’m so crap I can’t repeat a song the same way if I try).
I’m wanting to increase the sound quality of the drums I have, and have the option for more pattern variations within one song (I currently only have A & B on my Alesis SR18).
I’ve attached a quick image I’ve made to explain how I would like it to work for me. Is this possible?
I have a number of questions:
- Would I be able to work as described in the image attached?
- What is the sound quality like out of the BB? (I run a Bose L1 Model2 so output sound is very clear.)
- What is the load time for a patch (group of patterns for a particular song)
- Can a patch be brought up via a midi control change?
- Can the BB also accept audio loops for the pattern?
- If so, whats the tempo change like for audio?
- How many patches can be stored in the BB
I use an iPad with the Bandhelper lyric app (ex Setlist Maker). It has midi output capabilities and what I would like to be able to do is when I select the song I wish to perform, the iPad sends a midi CC and sets up the BB with the appropriate patch and tempo ready for me to simply hit the Start pedal.
Very keen to hear your advice!
Many thanks in advance.