Deciding who is the master

I have recently purchased the Aeros and BB. It’s already changed my guitar world. Amazing.

I have everything connected and already making ‘basic’ loops etc.

I have the Aeros as master as I understand that is ultimately more powerful. I have had to turn off the Intro on the BB as I couldn’t quite get the Intro to play on the beatbuddy and then start to record on the Aeros.

Also, I would like to be able to change the BB drum part when I change to the next part on the Aeros.

Is this not possible with the Aeros as master and should I just switch to the Beatbuddy being the master?

I want to have a the intro drum loop, one loop of part 1 drums and then start to record on the Aeros.

I have really spent my time studying to get to this point on this setup. I’d just like to choose what should be the master before I get my setup set in stone.

There are some old posts around this topic,

Thanks

Welcome Deanjam! Rudolf here and…
For what its worth, I have been running Aeros, Midi Maestro and BB (as master) since day one.
Multiple tracks and parts in all my songs and I have had zero timing/cue issues this way.

1 Like

Thanks Rudolph! I will try using the BB as master once I feel I’ve mastered the Aeros as the master:)

It seems that in most demo’s/uploaded songs the user has the BB as master. I thought I read from one of the SS people that the Aeros is more powerful as master.

I’ll have more of a play but for a live performance the BB may be the way to go. Allowing Intros/outros and drum parts to change on the BB and Aeros with a tap. Maybe just easier.

I just cant find an official explanation of the benefits of choosing either one to be a master.

Much appreciated.

1 Like

Hi Deanjam,

Please try using the BeatBuddy as the master. There is no official explanation for which is better; the main difference is that if the Aeros is the master, it will dictate the tempo and changes to the BeatBuddy, and vice versa. There’s no right solution here, so feel free to experiment with both setups.

If you have any further questions, feel free to send us an email at support@singularsound.com.