Did my first set prep this AM

Based on what we practiced on Thursday, I set up a new folder inside the BB with all the beats for the song set with all the beats specifically tailored for each song. It was easy to do once I stopped using normal computer practices and actually read how the BB manager works. Each song file uses the name of the song, not the name of the original beat so its easy to tell what’s what when I scroll through the song list.

The only thing I don’t quite have a solid grip on is managing projects. I thought I was saving the project directly to the SD card but it was being saved to the computer. I had to wipe the SD card then push the project to the blank card. I don’t think that’s how it’s supposed to work but it got me there.

Try to Sync your project to the pedal and see if that works.

For reasons unknown, the synch option was greyed out

I should have added that I did this work just using the SD card. The card was inserted into the computer.

I should have also noted that I added $20 worth of new beats and kits to the pedal.

Export your project to the SD card. You should be able to sync after that.

Thanks,I’ll give that a try when I get back to the computer.

You don’t have to wipe the SD Card. It does it automatically when you download your new stuff to it. It will ask if you want to replace what’s there. Haven’t ever tried the sync but I think it does add the new stuff without bothering what’s there.
Sincerely, Fingerstylepicker.

I like having it not wipe the SD card. I have a bunch of pedal settings I’d rather not redo each time. I’ll experiment this afternoon and see what I can do.

“Yup”! I have to reset mine each time I download to the SD Card and put it in the BB. I hope they fix a few things like this in the new upgrade that will be coming, soon I hope.
Sincerely, Fingerstylepicker.

I found one way to keep from having to redo all the functions in the pedal while working on your project. If I plug the pedal into the computer and open the project on the card, I can edit/save it without having to redo the footswitch settings. If I do anything but a save, it seems to overwrite everything on the card. Seems to work the same with the card plugged directly into the computer.

I don’t think I can save the project to the computer as a backup until the very end of the project editing process. Any attempt to ‘save as’ seems to only allow me to create a new project, not overwrite an old one. The other alternative is to just have a bunch of backups until I’m done, then remove them manually off the computer.

It’s a little quirky but it’s certainly workable.