Different drum samples at each velocity?

Now that I have the Beat Buddy software, I am noticing that there are several different drum sounds in each kit at each velocity range. Are these cycling through in a sort of “round robin” alternating order? If so, that would explain part of why these drum loops sound so darned natural! :slight_smile:

Also, I am planning on making some matching drumkits for my software so that I can sequence my drum midi files with the same sounds as what they will play back with on the Beat Buddy. Is there any way to export to other formats, or to convert with something like Chicken Systems Translator software or CDXtract (two sampler format converter programs)?

To the best of my knowledge, sample choice is simply random. I’ve mentioned about it here - http://mybeatbuddy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=464&p=1867&hilit=random#p1867.

As for the second part of your question, some info is here - http://mybeatbuddy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=443&p=2078#p2078. But don’t hold your breath, as currently it’s either impossible to get WAV samples from a DRM file, or I simply haven’t myself found how to do this :slight_smile:

I suspect that this is the area which will be protected carefully. There was mention of selling some premium content. If I have to guess, it will be samples, so they won’t want you to be able to extract them very easily. I would imagine that this is what’s being protected when a few people got their pedals and they displayed the message, “no license.”
So, we probably won’t be able to extract any .wave files from the BB because they’re protected.

Rusty

Yep, exactly my line of thinking here as well.

I understand the use of DRM. My next question the would be if you can use the Beat Buddy as a sound module when you are programming beats? Can you plug a midi keyboard inI it and have the drums play on channel 10 with standards GM note assignments?

There may be a confusion in a term DRM in that I meant the BeatBuddy Drumset file extension, and not Digital Rights Management :slight_smile:

What you wrote about playing beats via MIDI keyboard would be indeed wonderful, but unfortunately as far as I know, BeatBuddy is not currently programmed to be able to do that. But this could easily be done in the future, as unit specs are sufficient for this request.