Does a Faster SD Card Load Faster?

We sometimes swap drumsets between songs, and I also would not mind if songs loaded quicker as well: Would a faster SD card substantially improve load time, or is the Beat Buddy the bottleneck?

Does anyone know for sure?

If you have a class 4 SDHC card and replace it with a class 10 card, you might notice the difference.

3 or 4 years ago, someone posted the speed differences and they reported being happier with the class 10 cards.

I’m not sure if ultra speed cards will work. I seem to recall a user mentioning one but I thought they were too expensive.

1 Like
2 Likes

No ifs, ands or buts about it… they load faster. I have two cards. The one that came with the BB and one I purchased that is the maximum allowed with the BB (thanks to the info I get from this site). I have never timed each one, but the “max SD card” seems to be twice as fast loading the drum kit Very noticable. So much it makes impatient me wonder why the hell I still use the 4GB one that came with my BB lol.

1 Like

The linked post suggests there is no appreciable difference, but it’s an older firmware. What “fast” card are you using? @jefgil6?

Joe, I got a SanDisk 16GB Class 10. Below is a pic from the order I placed on Amazon when I purchased it. I no longer gig out, but I am impatient. This loads a kit so much faster IMO!

SanDisk SD Card

2 Likes