Does beatbuddy consist 47 low mid tom??

I was trying to deporting some beat from the guitar pro and I realize I can’t find the low mid tom sound
does the bb consist the sound of low mid tom or I need to find it from other drum kit?

No. BeatBuddy uses the following MIDI mapping for toms: Tom 1- 50, Tom 2- 48, Tom 3- 45, Tom 4- 43.

I find the naming of toms in general midi silly, so I utilize just tom 1, 2, 3, 4. What size they are, where they are mounted and how is completely irrelevant. This way there will be no confusion. Every BB kit has 4 toms assigned, although in circumstances where only 3 toms have been sampled (such as the Jazz kit), 3rd tom will be duplicated as 4th tom. That way all fills will be able to play properly.

All toms are always mapped the same. Sometimes Tom 1 may be an 8" tom, sometimes it may be 10", but that doesn’t change the mapping.

I see
thanks for your answering

I posted the following elsewhere as quite a few people ask the same question. However this information can be got from the BB Manager itself, You just need to make a note of all the instruments just as I did for the Standard Kit. The Latin kit I assume will be quite a bit different.

BB Standard Kit
33 A0 Metronome
36 C1 Kick Drum
37 C#1 Cross Stick
38 D1 Snare
39 D#1 Handclaps
42 F#1 Hi-Hats Closed
43 G1 Tom 4 (Floor)
44 G#1 Foot Hi-hat
45 A1 Tom 3 (Low)
46 A#1 Hi-Hat Open
48 C2 Tom 2 (Hi-Mid)
49 C#2 Crash Cymbal 1
50 D2 Tom 1 (High)
51 D#2 Ride Cymbal
53 F2 Ride C. Bell
55 G2 Splash 1
57 A2 Crash Cymbal 2
59 B2 Splash 1

@toytoytoy You are very welcome.
The Latin kit is an expanded version of standard kits. It still contains a basic general kit, but with all of the percussion on top.

Sorry for the really late response, but I realized it only now…

General MIDI names do not in any way relate with their position or size. They are about frequency only!
“41 - Low Mid Tom” doesn’t mean it should be of mid size, just as “41 - Low Floor Tom” doesn’t mean it should be mounted on the floor. Floor should be treated like in math floor(4.3) = 4 - the lowest possible in a series out there.

Their sound simply goes from lowest to highest!
So to enumerate them:
41 - Low Floor Tom (a lowest possible tom)
43 - High Floor Tom (a little higher than a lowest possible tom)
45 - Low Tom (higher than previous two yet low enough to still be called “low” tom)
47 - Low-Mid Tom (even higher thus “mid” but lower of the pair of this and next, thus “low-mid” tom)
48 - Hi-Mid Tom (higher in a pair of this and previous, thus “hi-mid” tom)
50 - High Tom (the highest sounding tom out there)

So, looks like currently BeatBuddy has up to four toms covered from six GM compatible.

Well, while it is possible that “floor” relates to math floor, I think that it is unlikely. We are dealing with musical instrument and drums, not math equations.
The names do relate to their position and size, since on most kits the toms go from hi to low in tuning and small to big in size. “Floor” tom name comes specifically from a tom being mounted with legs, sitting on a floor. It doesn’t have to be mounted that way (of course), but because traditionally it is, it only makes sense that the name derives from that. I don’t see any other other note anywhere in GM being referred to as “floor” because it is the lowest note on a scale!

Yet music is math, believe it or not.

While we can definitely interpret GM instrument names how we want, I am simply telling you how toms should sound from experience with GM synthesizing software. While there certainly is a dependency between tom size and its sound frequency, this is totally unrelated when it comes to GM mapping.

All in all, a drum set needs 6 different tom sounds.
Then you simply audition them, and sort them by their frequency, from lowest sounding to highest sounding.
Mapping sorted tom sounds is very easy - lowest is 41, next is 43, 45, 47, 48 and highest will be 50.
Voila, there you have it - a fully GM compatible non-“silly” mapping!