Does tap tempo drive anyone else crazy?

I have always had difficulty with the tap tempo function. With numerous other devices I use that have tap tempo, usually two or at most three taps will set the correct tempo and then the device responds immediately. With the Beatbuddy I find that I have to tap at least 4 times and usually more to get it to settle in where I want it (and it’s varying 105,107,106 etc. the whole time) and then once it’s where I want it you have to wait 4 entire beats before you can start the pedal or it enters another tap and screws it up so it wants to wait for another 4 beats.

1 Like

I agree. The Tap Tempo on my other Drum Machine is way more useful. A couple of Taps and Hit Play/Start. Great for jumping into a jam quickly. This should be considered on a future update on the BB.

Yeah the biggest problem I have is exiting out of the TT function after tapping in, if I chose to use the tap button. Since its the same button to exit out, it sometimes recognizes my exit as a tap and screws up the timing.

me too it is a pain to figure out!

Hi Guys, thanks for the very valuable feedback. I’m wondering what you think is the best way to fix this. How do you usually do the tap tempo, which the tap button, the pedal, or the footswitch?

If done with the pedal, we do need to have a ‘time out’ period to exit tap tempo, so that the pedal can change functions from tap tempo to the normal fill/transition etc functions. But if you’re using the tap button or the footswitch, what would be the ideal time out period? If it’s too short, it will go from the tap tempo screen back to the normal screen between taps and that will be very annoying… would a second of timeout period be good? Or should we not have a tap tempo screen at all?

Some people have requested that during tap tempo with the footswitch or the button, the main pedal should not be assigned to tap tempo so you can start using it immediately – what do you guys think about that?

@Guitar1969 if you press the left or right arrow buttons you exit the tap tempo screen immediately.

Some people have requested that during tap tempo with the footswitch or the button, the main pedal should not be assigned to tap tempo so you can start using it immediately – what do you guys think about that?

Thumbs Up

I prefer using the tap tempo on the footswitch. Once I use it though it doesnt time out. I basically cant use any of the beatbuddy functionality. Its very hard to lean down and hit the arrow buttons during a performance.

I agree with Wally West. Let us use the tap tempo on the footswitch without affecting the main unit.

Cheers

I second that. I used a Boss RC 300 as a master before I got my infinity looper today and let me tell you, this tap tempo screen is driving me insane. I am a free form jammer and I like to tap into jams very quickly on stage, and this is just awkward…

Yes!! The timeout for the tap tempo takes way too long - being able to start immediately with the main pedal would solve this.