Downloads unzip to .bbs format

Also new to the Beatbuddy - and, having spent hours on a couple of songs, appreciate the work that some have put in to create pretty good sng files. I’ve downloaded a few of these and added a couple of bars here and there as count-ins on the OP stuff… but there are also some tracks which I think will need to be broken into parts.
One thing that is really bugging me, though, is how to get a user created bbs file into the beatbuddy manager. I can import midi and song files (and even drums) but those bbs files are elusive little so and so’s!!

1 Like

UPDATED and FURTHER EXPLAINED: You don’t import .bbs files as they are the BeatBuddy proprietary content and should usually only be found within your Songs folder within your bbworkspace folder; they should not be confused with the song/beat files (.sng).

If you are browsing or trying to process files using your computer operating system directly within the bbworkspace, that could lead to corrupting your projects and bbworkspace. Best to always use the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) to handle files with .sng, .drm and .pbf (songs, drums and folders) extensions. Use the BBM to open BeatBuddy projects which have a .bbp extension.

1 Like

I did a bit of digging, and it seems that I’m not the only person who struggles with the bbs file stuff. It’s something to do with how the pc unzips the file and then sees the resulting .sng as a folder.
Still trying to resolve that issue!!

I believe @persist is correct, the .BBS files are Project files. You’ll need to open rather than import them, @Jiminuk:

1 Like