Drum loops in BeatBuddy

Thanks Groovemonkee for your interest in helping BB users. I have your Country package and love it. So much better than any MiDI stuff I could do. I like the fills in the loop they often fit song lyrics perfectly.

I haven’t read a lot of posts but you are the first person that I have read who questioned the quality of the loops. Thank you for doing that. I couldn’t agree more. Hopefully they will make an effort to improve the loops. Especially the shuffles.

The BeatBuddy freebie pak is now available here: http://groovemonkee.com/products/beatbuddy-drum-loop-freebie
It includes the Studio One pitchlist I mentioned before. With Studio One you can audition midi loops in their file browser window, edit them and drag them back out via the browser window.

The mapping issue is resolved for the commercial packs as well…they’re available for no additional charge. Just shoot us an email with your order number and we’ll provide a link. At some point, our product downloads will include BeatBuddy as an “official” mapping.

Thanks again to all for the support, suggestions, etc.
Enjoy!

No problem Nelson I agree that they need better stuffles flat tire / half-time / swing /train … think a lot of BB users here play music that’s on top of the beat … instead of on the downbeat.

Thanks Pineears…glad to hear you’re enjoying the beats!

As promised by GrooveMonkee:

http://groovemonkee.com/blogs/news/17120820-midi-loops-for-beatbuddy

I asked the GroveMonkee tech support about the jazz pack. That’s the answer:

“Hello,
Yes, you can import our loops into BeatBuddy using the BeatBuddy manager software”

Loaded up some of your freebies last night. Worked and sounded great. Looking forward to trying more. Nice to see that the BeatBuddy is flexible and can only get better.

I need help…
Downloaded the free stuff from groove monkey and also presonus studio one but dont know what to do... Im an absolut beginner and ont even know how to open the GM midi beats in Studio One. I dont get it working, tried eveything out, but no success. I need a littl help from a friend(ly buddy ) out here. (My english is also not so good, as you probably can see, I`m a german guy, but am pleased for ANY help and take any trouble to get through…:confused::(:oops:)

You don’t need Studio One for the free GrooveMonkee loops. Maybe later when you decide to revise them. In MGR click a + button in the right window, hit main loop, navigate to where you put the GrooveMonkee MIDi stuff and select the one you want for main loop. But watch the Psalm40 video first.

There are some videos tutorial videos on Youtube which explains how to use Studio One.if you want to get into midi editing. I would start by just using the songs it comes with and how to create a set. Next start importing some free midi loops groovemonkee would be a good choice.To edit the midi files which make up the BB songs you do need to understand something of midi.

Hello all,

Since some have asked about pitchlists, I’ve updated the drum loops freebie “read me” file with some info on Studio One:

[SIZE=5]Installing a Studio One Pitchlist[/SIZE]
Copy the pitchlist into your Studio One “Pitch Names” folder and the next time you start Studio One, it will appear in the list of available pitchlists. Here is the typical location the folder on a PC:

C:\Program Files\PreSonus\Studio One 2\Presets\User Presets\Pitch Names
[SIZE=5]
Using a Pitchlist in Studio One[/SIZE]
Here’s how to add a pitch list to your project:

1. Select your drum track and access the editor window by pressing F2
  2. Press the “drum” icon (snare drum with two sticks) above the “piano roll” display on the left side
  3. Press the “edit pitch names” icon (a wrench)
  4. Select the pitchlist from the drop down box and press OK

A pitchlist is a visual representation of the specific drums used by BeatBuddy. This allows you to quickly edit your files without guessing the location of the drums.

Tip: If you want to hear the drum loops while editing, use one of the drum kits from the “Presence” instrument. Many follow the full general midi mapping so they basically match the BeatBuddy kits - enough to hear what’s going on and make your edits.

Hi there !

I have previously purchased the Jazz and Fusion drum loops and wonder if they are going to be updated to include BB mappings ?

Thanks !

Just email them
I’m 100% sure they will give you the updated version if you email them with the particulars of your purchase (prove you bought them).

Yep, DM1 is right - you email them with your original order number and they send you a link to download the BB files.

So you mean that they have already converted them to BB ?

I recently noticed that they had added AD 2 (May 25, 2014 12:00:00 AM) to my previously bought (Jul 14, 2007 7:00:07 PM) Jazz and Fusion drum loops and it was just to download them from my download area at Groove Monkee.

Hello all! Here’s an update:

All packs have been mapped for BeatBuddy and I have been updating the downloads.

The following packs have been officially updated allowing you to download directly from our Legacy Account area (Support->Legacy Accounts).

Retro Funk (note: this new pack always had BeatBuddy files)
Country
Rock 2
Rock 3 - Contemporary
Blues Rock
Blues
Jazz
Fusion
Punk
Rock Essentials 1
Rock Essentials 2
World Beats
Combo 1 Pack

If you’ve purchased any of these, you no longer have to send us an email. You can download the latest version (with ALL available formats) from the Legacy area. Enter your email address and either:

password from the previous website (existing customers)
Use the password reset (new customers)

Please contact us immediately If you have any login issues and we’ll sort it out.

The rest of the packs will be updated over the next few days or so. As always, please contact us if you need assistance.

Thanks again to everyone for their support!

I guess I can wait a bit longer for the Addictive Drums 2 to BeatBuddy converter now !

Thanks Groove Monkee for making it a little bit easier to make music !

All the EZ Drummer midi packs work. But expect to edit any midi tracks to do over busy clips.

Thanks Groove-Monkey. I’ll give them a try. How are you set for “Swing Drum Patterns”, and Blues if you have them? Sincerely, Fingerstylepicker.