Drum Set Not Resetting

I send beat and tempo selection via MIDI from my iPad with SetListMaker.

I bought the Cajon library and Flamenco Kit.

Let’s say I send a song with the standard or rock drum kit and play that song.

Then I send a MIDI preset to load a cajon song, and I play that song. This changes to the Flamenco Kit.

In some instances, the next song I send may, or may not, change the kit. In other words, if I send a MIDI preset to load Ballad 8 with a tempo of 92, it loads the beat but does NOT change the drum kit. It plays the Ballad 8 groove with the Flamenco kit (not what I want).

I can poke around and find another song that will force the standard or rock drum kit, for example. Then I can go back to the Ballad 8 preset and it will retain the new drum kit.

My question is, why do some beats load an associated drum kit, and others just take the last one that was used?

Hi Ken , just a hunch have you set the default kit for the Ballad 8 song yet, in the BB manager ? or do you have the Ballad Kit as well?, as i have the Ballad beats but have not bought the kit, and it just uses the last kit used, although i am not using MIDI yet.
Aa i i said, just a hunch! Kind Regards Wee Joe.

Hi Ken , just a hunch have you set the default kit for the Ballad 8 song yet, in the BB manager ? or do you have the Ballad Kit as well?, as i have the Ballad beats but have not bought the kit, and it just uses the last kit used, although i am not using MIDI yet.
Aa i i said, just a hunch! Kind Regards Wee Joe.

That’s probably my problem then. I did by the Ballad beats and probably didn’t buy the kit. I thought the default kit was a global setting? That gives me a good direction to go thanks.

or since you are sending Midi to change beat and tempo, you can send a midi command to change the drumset also.