Editing beats with manager -- fills question

Hi all,

I’m learning how to edit some drum loops (drop a kick here & there etc) and hoping I’m doing it correctly. I exported an existing song, imported it into a new folder with a new name (so I don’t mess up the original one), so far so good.
But, when editing fills, will that change the fill only for the new song I’m working on, or does that change the fill for every song it’s in?
Put another way, once I export a song, and import it saved to a different name, is it safe to edit anything in the new song without causing changes to any other songs (loops, fills) originally on the beat buddy?

Thanks –

Jan H.

“But, when editing fills, will that change the fill only for the new song I’m working on, or does that change the fill for every song it’s in?”

Only for any song into which you import the new fill. So, when you save it, give it a new name. I often increment the name by adding an “a,” “b,” etc so I know the fill is a variation of the original.

“Put another way, once I export a song, and import it saved to a different name, is it safe to edit anything in the new song without causing changes to any other songs…”

Yes, new name = new file.

And good on you for getting into editing!

Joe

Yes it’s pretty fun! I can where another editor will come in handy down the road (with a learning curve), but for the simple changes and additions I’m doing (adding intro click, modifying hi hat eights to be more subtle, creating a half time section) it’s doable in BB manager. Managed to export it back to the unit and use it :slight_smile: Thanks for all the good help here on the forum, if I come up with something good I’ll upload the midi file.