Editor keeps asking to quantize?

Whenever I try to edit using the editor in Manager, it always asks me to quantize. If I choose no, then the display turns into something quite unreadable at a glance, if I choose yes, then will this destroy any timing feel that was in the original song? These are not user songs, they are from either Groovemonkee or Premium beats…Would not have thought they’d need any quantising…

The MIDI Editor does this by default and was a feature that was insisted upon by several BBM users. The BBM does not have the ability to detect whether or not a MIDI file needs quantizing. As to why the file appears unreadable when selecting “No,” I have no idea.

I never quantize using the BBM preferring to use the DAW to do so. You don’t have to use the function either.

It would be nice to have the ability to bypass or invoke quantizing when opening the MIDI Editor in the BBM.

ok fair enough, thanks

Hello,

Did Singular Sound ever modify the quantization capabilities so that it does more than just a typical quantization? For example: It only appears to be able to quantize in 16th, maybe even 32nd, however it DOES NOT have the capability to SWING quantization. It would be nice to be able to swing quantization in various formats (1/4, 1/2, 1/16, 1/32, triplets, etc.). Otherwise it would be even better if one could quantize in a DAW and the BB accepts and understands the quantization format without having to quantize in BB. I hope this is something Singular Sound had rectified, or is in the process of rectifying. Thank you very much for your time. Aaron Johns

I don’t think they have and since they’ve stated this forum that they weren’t going to spend much time improving the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) MIDI Editor, I would not expect it.