Enter Sandman - DOP, OPB & OPBg (UPDATED)

Requires:

• v1 Standard Pro
  • v2 NP StdPBass 63-91
  • Beta BeatBuddy Manager version ≥1.6b
  • Firmware > v1.8.5 (recommended)
Includes: 2 songs, MIDI source file, tab and Chords & Lyrics

Download Here

Hi, I’ve downloaded the NP StdBass 63-91 and it sounds pretty spot on- except that the drums are distorting… as though they’re driven too hard. THis is a new problem for me and am wondering if you’ve got a quick fix for me. THanks in advance.

I won’t be able to check it out until Monday.

You’re right. Both drums and bass don’t sound very good. Sorry

I’ll update and post this next week.

No apologies required :slight_smile: Many thanks for uploading in the first place.

Just for my knowledge technically, why would the drums distort only in this song?

It may be that I left the velocity set too high for the acoustic bass drum which to my hearing sounds overpowering for the rest of the drums.

I found a much better MIDI source file which I will transcribe next week. It will not have the same issue.

1 Like

Metallica

Notes:

• Count-in included; I think I figured out why the sound was distorting on my original post: the MIDI source file did not have a bass guitar track and I improvised using by transposing another part (oh well). This source file included the bass track. If the cymbals are still too loud or harsh, you can reduce the velocity using a DAW (digital audio workstation) or the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) MIDI Editor (not recommended). The v3 song is just a helper or practice file to play along with.
  • What’s updated? Different source file (not included); 1 new version; adjusted velocities to include a gentle fade-out; refreshed cheat sheet.
  • UPDATED 09/07/2022: Link (in blue font) to new user resources

Song version_________Suggested kit

These 3 songs use the Heisenberg strat and Hi Organ kit

Includes: 3 songs and Chords & Lyrics

Enter Sandman - Metallica.zip (169.6 KB)
1833/724

@Dorian_Major

1 Like