Error code: 0x80070643 when installing Software

Re: Error when trying to install BB Manager 132

I’m getting the same error as the OP when trying to install onto an XP Pro SP3 machine. I installed the registry entries linked above and extracted the installation executible into a new file (not trying to run it from the RAR utility dialog.)

Any suggestions or hand-holding?

Sorry, what did you do exactly?

As far as I am aware, this thread contains enough helpful information. At first, I’d suggest reading it :slight_smile:

A TLDR for you:

1. Download archive and extract it to “C:\BBManager132”, so an executable lies at ‘C:\BBManager132\BBManager.exe’. Don’t move the exe file, move all the FOLDER. It should lie in C:\ directly! (This is necessary for .reg file keys to become valid).
  2. Simply execute .reg file from this thread. (If you’ve already done this, you may skip this step)
  3. You should be good to go.

Yes, I did read the thread and did all that. I also downloaded and executed the registry update you showed in your Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:35 pm post. I’m still getting a 2416 error and a rollback of the installation. I wouldn’t have posted if I hadn’t read through the thread, give me some credit.

I just now deleted the C; folder I had created and started again fresh. I placed BBManagerWithLibMinimal-bundle.exe in a newly created C:\BeatBuddy132 folder and ran the ,exe. Same results, a 2416 error.

I though it needed to be C:\BBManager132! Or does this have no bearing? I followed the instructions to the letter and got it to work (sluggishly) on a Windows XP SP3 machine.

Looks like I see what you did wrong. Just trash your BBManagerWithLibMinimal-bundle.exe. You won’t be able to run it no matter what. You need to download and simply unpack all the files to C:\ from my post from 17 Oct 2014, 14:20 (actually, second post in this topic).

Simply make sure after you unpack the archive, the executable is at C:\BBManager132\BBManager.exe

Do not install. Simply unpack and run!

Yes, I simply wrote the path wrong. I’ve fixed that stupid error on my part :slight_smile:

Actually if the executable is in a wrong directory, only automatic selection of MIDI beats will not work (when pressing song parts to change them). Aside from that it should work normally. (You can have some warnings or errors in the process, but after you press Ok to close all of them, you’ll be fine).

Great - that worked. Thanks!

A bandmate bought one of the first batch Beat Buddys and I’m trying to create projects for us to use. We’ve been using it for guitar and bass practice nights, it’s a great tool.

Thanks again!