Re: Error when trying to install BB Manager 132
Mac users! - I have managed to get the BB Manager running of a sort within an app called Wine and Winebottler. This is free software available here http://winebottler.kronenberg.org. You can actually create a standalone app on the Mac from the BB files. However you need to download the BB files as posted by Daefecator earlier in this thread (BBManager132.zip)- the Windows installer .exe as posted in the official download will not work. Briefly, to get it to work you need to:
- go to the Advanced tab in Winebottler
- Leave Prefix Template as is with “new prefix (default”
- Set the program to install as /Users//Downloads/BBManager132/BBManager.exe assuming you have downloaded the files mentioned into the Downloads folder - not the user name is whatever you have on your Mac.
- Set the radio button to the third option: “This is an actual program, copy it and all the files that are in the same folder”
- Click the Bundle: setting (Include Wine binaries…)
- Click Install - this will prompt for a name and location for the app.
The process takes a little while but in the end it should create an app with the BB as an icon which you simply double-click to get running. You may have a little difficulty in getting used to the locations of all files etc. Remember that Mac apps are often packaged and within Finder you need to show the package contents to see all files etc. I say this because projects I created using this solution ended up in the package contents and not elsewhere in on the Mac - just be aware that can happen.
The result is not a fully working BB manager - for example it will not play the .wav files from within the BB manager. But most of the essential pieces work.
One issue I have, and no doubt this refers to the Windows version too, is that if you want to change one of the drumsets the BB Manager forces you to create a copy of it first - that’s fine. But I have found that if you then want to change one of the parameters of the newly created drumset then this appears to break or loose the link to the saved WAV files that provide the sounds for each instrument. At least I imagine that is the issue because when I save the new song and drum set to the BB it doesn’t play the instrument I changed.
So my question is: where can we find all the .wav files used in the drum sets? Can someone make these available? Many thanks.