Errror Message while synchronizing

It will be fixed in the upcoming version of the BBManager.

Sorry, I misunderstood. It clearly says above this is an error with BB Manager 1.5.0.1. I had that confused with the BB firmware update.

Not sure if this was supposed to be fixed now, as the post is from 2014… but I still have it…

Marcello, you’re not the only user reporting this symptom. Although the developers believe it has been fixed, which version of the BBM are you using and is it for the Mac or the PC?

A quick suggestion: look for and correct songs titles that have non-alphabet characters such as ’ & >

Were any functions in the BBWorkspace performed outside of the BBM e.g., using the computer operating system to copy, paste or move files or folders? If so, that could be a cause. If you did this, contact me via PM and I’ll see what can be done to fix this.

thanks, taking out special characters such as “#”… fix the issue… maybe # can be allowed in the future…?

Not in the current version of the BBManager, but hopefully in a future update.

Hi guys, yes I am still receiving these messages sometimes up to 20-30 times ever since my last software update (didn’t seem to get these messages before). Any how on another note, when i go into my Midi Editor to make some changes to a song the Midi editor keeps crashing. Anything you can do to help me figure this out would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Run as administrator?

Hi Rob . Sorry I don’t quite understand your reply. Run as administrator?

Run BBM as system administrator in Windows and see if that helps reduce error messages.

For this specific error message during sync, that is “Source file [some path] does not exist”, you can do the following in Windows.
[LIST=1]
[]Note the file name. In the example for this thread, the file name is “52A7F043.hash.bcf”.
[
]Go to the directory that’s supposed to contain that file. In this example the directory is “E:/Musik/Beatbuddy/Workspace/user_lib/projects/Default Project - Project/EFFECTS/”. So, you would use the Windows Explorer to go to that directory.
[]Look for a file with the same name as the file causing the problem. In this case look files named "52A7F043.".
[]There should always be an XXXXXX.bcf file, an XXXXXX.wav file, and SOMETIMES an XXXXXX.hash.bcf file. If the BeatBuddy is complaining about a .hash.bcf file missing as in this example, copy the .bcf file with the same name and change the extension to “.hash.bcf”. If BeatBuddy is complaining about a .bcf file missing, then copy the .hash.bcf file with the same name and change the extension “.bcf”.
[
]Synchronize the project. This will copy the missing .hash.bcf or .bcf file to the BeatBuddy and you should be good from there on.
[/LIST]
I don’t know why sometimes BeatBuddy fails to generate the .hash.bcf or the corresponding .bcf files that give it information about the .WAV files in the EFFECTS directory, but when I looked at the .hash.bcf and .bcf files that were not giving me problems with a HEX editor, the paired .hash.bcf and .bcf files always contained exactly the same data, so if one is missing, you can copy the other and change the extension. If both are missing, or if the corresponding WAV file is missing, then you need to go find the files in the default SD image and copy them into the right directory.

Hi I’ve been getting these errors for many months,
Then… I always have to do a full export to the memory card.

Then… the settings in Beatbuddy for all the footswitch preferences is always lost.
Wondering if there has been any progress.

VERSIONS:
Manager - 1.6.6.0 (on windows 10)
FIRM - 1.8.5

At Start:

First Error

Second Error

Thanks for reading.

Did you try the workaround in post #22 above?

Thanks so much, yes I will confirm if that works for me after next update. Windows is always fun.
I guess I was just wondering if it was on some changelog or some such.

Cheers

The developers are aware of the issue.

I am pleased to say. I am synching with ZERO problems now.
Great Stuff :slight_smile:

Interesting; a comment I made re: hash.bcf files missing still causing an issue and hoping developers fixt it soon, got removed. I thought this was a fairly open Forum, and after purchasing a BB, and then nothing short of 23 Songs, drum-beats, and drum-sets, I could freely make a mention like hoping developers can fix the issue soon as feedback of the product was welcome. If this is the wrong place to do that, I guess I could email support direct with feedback.

Please see your forum Inbox.

hmmm Things seem to be getting weird here that’s a pity.
I guess the rest of the web is not so moderated

Hi,

Is it the case that there .bcf files and .hash.bcf files are always supposed to come in pairs and be identical?

I get the same kind of errors as above, and I notice that even in the latest default image there are many non-pairs in the EFFECTS directory.