Export Midi BBM to Reaper

[quote=“JoeInOttawa, post:18, topic:30575, full:true”]

The result is that many notes are missing.

The result is this with 0.0.5

This is another BBM file, and here you can see the drums part correctly.

I think this happens because if I do an edit in BBM, then if you have to change the tonality of the bass or the keyboard, there is no problem.
But in other songs downloaded from the internet (editing in Reaper and later entered in BBM) or Songs files in Singular sound, the part of the lengthened notes does not sound good.

Cick on one of those and check the Duracion. Whatever they are set to, set the new file’s notes to the same value.

Or send me the file to look at.

Here_come_s_the_Sun.sng (5.8 KB)
In this song I want to change the key to D (now it is in A), but if I try it in Reaper the notes are left stretched.

Here comes the sun in Reaper (exported midi from BBM)

I can transpose the bass part, but after logging back into BBM with the same drumset(Rock with Bass) and the same tempo(120BPM) I hardly hear anything.

It looks like BBM is not exporting the entire song, just the first instance of each note. Not sure what to do about that.

I take that back: Media Player plays it fine, so it’s a Reaper MIDI Import problem. I’ll loom at it later to see it I can do anything with it.

Ok, thanks

Hi Persist,

I have removed the application, then downloaded the latest version of BBM and started the Repair process. When I have the new application I have re-exported some songs and I have entered them in Reaper, but I have not achieved anything the problem is still the same as you can see in this screenshot. I want to change the key of a song, but when I put it in the BBM again (with the same drumset and same BPM) I don’t hear anything.
If you come up with a solution to this, I’d be very happy if you let me know. Thank you so much.

I don’t know if it will solve your issue but I think I have a solution that I’m providing via PM.

Meanwhile, here’s an Export to MIDI for Here Comes the Sun (from the version you attached in your post, above.
SONG.mid.zip (2.1 KB)

1 Like

This actually seems to be a Reaper issue, as the file in Reaper only has the first note for each instrument, but the file plays just fine in Windows Media Player.

1 Like

Ok, thanks, excuse me but what is PM?

PM is a forum private message. In the upper right corner of the forum, you see a small green box with a number in it. Click on it and it will take you to your private message inbox.

Okay I understand. So you send me instructions from there? I have seen that the song file you have sent me can now be modified just fine in Reaper.

It seems that this green box that says you in Windows is not there.

Here’s a screen shot of where to look:

Although the little green number may not be there, you should have still received a private message (PM) from me and it’s in your PM messages inbox. Your forum page should show a “J” in the upper right corner instead of my avatar.
Click on the “J” and then click on it again to get to your PM messages.

You probably don’t remember, but we exchanged PMs in 2020 dealing with Editing in Reaper. The process for accessing your PMs is the same.

If you have not turned on Tracking yet, it’s a good idea to do so as you should get e-mail messages whenever somebody replies to one of your posts.