Expression pedal trouble

Can’t get a brand new Nektar NX-P expression pedal to work with my midi maestro. Any suggestions?

One suggestion! Go to one of the modes and hold the bottom center and bottom right button at the same time, this will enter “Clutch Mode”. Do this for me and let me know if the number shown on the screen is changing value as you move the pedal.

Also if you haven’t already, please configure your expression pedal!

Let me know, thanks!

Yes the value is changing from 0 to 100 but the tempo doesn’t change

I am having the very same problem, although with a Proline expression pedal. This actually worked to change tempo on the Beat buddy the first time I turned on the Midi Maestro, but the values were too high and even at full off on the expression pedal it gave a tempo of like 186 on the Beatbuddy. I went into clutch mode and was able to position the expression so the it would cover tempos from 60 to like 190. That worked but the next time I tried to change tempo with the expression pedal, it would not change. It still will not change. What did I do? I have tried everything that I could think. It still changes values in clutch mode, but will not control the Beatbuddy. It DOES, however, control the Aeros. When I am in a song, it will save the song, and/or start a new track. Please help. Something is wonky.

Support told me that they should have a firmware update to fi x it by the end of April

Thank you for the information Ter.

I have messed with it and messed with it. It won’t work even when only the MM and BB are connected. Still shows the value changing in clutch mode, but simply will not control anything on the BB.

What have you done to compensate? Having to change modes every time between songs and changing the tempo by 1 up or down is a real tap dance and way too many clicks. Especially when there is a large difference in tempos between songs. It seems to be either that or bending over to turn a knob. I will investigate creating a custom mode to decrease the number of clicks.

I sure hope you’re right about a firmware update. This is not working as advertised.

Hi Terry,

I apologize for the delayed response. Our team investigated the expression pedal issue, and it appears to be related to the mobile app and firmware. It is not a hardware issue as we previously suspected, so that is good news.

The programming team will be working on this over the next few weeks, and we hope to have a beta version that solves this by the end of April. It will be in the form of an app update with a firmware update as well.

Keep Rockin’!
Jay, BeatBuddy’s roadie

I don’t remember the order of things, but yes, I connected with the mobile app and updated the firmware on the Midi Maestro sometime before it quit working. So that makes sense. I was going to try to find a way to downgrade the firmware to what it shipped with when I get time, but I guess I’ll just wait and see if there is going to be a fix soon. I’ll just keep tap dancing or bending over.